• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Magpul MBUS back up sights.

bwatson8541

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2009
Baytown Texas
Im looking for a review of the MBUS back up sights. I tried the search tool but i didnt find exactly what i was looking for. Does anyone have a link to a review or experiance with them? Im looking for a review from a fellow hide member.

Thanks
V4

Re: Magpul MBUS back up sights.

I've got them...I like them...but not nearly as much as I like my Troy sights.

They work. Plain and simple.

What I have been using lately is the Diamond sight.
I was told that it "just works" when I asked about them.
When I looked through them it did, simple as that.
My eye aligned the diamond aperture a hell of a lot faster and more precisely than the other manufacturer's sights that I have used for a few years now.
Good quality, locking, very low profile sights.
No external springs, very sleek and compact.
These are the original Diamond Sights that were invented by Dan Ballard. Briefly these sights were produced at Troy until Mr. Ballard decided to make his own sights.
I haven't used the ranging front sight yet but it makes perfect sense.
If the front post on the ranging sight (one of six, 100y-600y) matches the man size target then that is your range. Dial it and shoot.
All of the sights locking, non locking, ranging (.223 SS109) and the vertical grips are attached incredibly fast and strong with D-Loc rail mounting systems.
I will have a much more in depth review on the Diamond Sight BUIS very soon.
Hope this .02 helps.

Agree with Jake B...I like mine OK but prefer my Troys. The only issue I've had with the MBUSes is that they're on the bulky side, so if you're running a scope on an AR the rear MBUIS can be a tight fit under the ocular lens depending on your optic & mount combo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kahuna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agree with Jake B...I like mine OK but prefer my Troys. The only issue I've had with the MBUSes is that they're on the bulky side, so if you're running a scope on an AR the rear MBUIS can be a tight fit under the ocular lens depending on your optic & mount combo. </div></div>

+1. Price is also good so I would say on a training rifle they are great but on a duty rifle I would put the Troy.