• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul MOE PR Stock

Trigger Monkey

Ronin
Minuteman
  • Apr 29, 2005
    Winchester Virginia

1705451385746.gif

It took a long time for the market to finally produce a basic, regular style of stock with a bag rider on it. I’m very happy with this. It’s a bit of a steep angle but very workable.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
    Only 11.2oz, not bad. I watched the video and my initial thought was that they’d still figure out a way to make it weigh 1.5lbs for some stupid reason.

The buttpad is SL compatible so it can be swapped out for the enhanced SL buttpad or even the Arisaka Defense Angled Stock Adapter so some cant and rise can be added also.

If it as sloppy on the tube as the regular MOE stock I will be disappointed.

You need that weight on backend to balance out the gun that is most likely going to have a heavier profile barrel than a rack grade AR. What the fuck you need a bagrider for on a 7lb gun with a shitty barrel shooting 3 moa.

You get what you pay for. Cheap magpul shit they sell at cabelas or something that people who actually shoot want to run because they work.

You need that weight on backend to balance out the gun that is most likely going to have a heavier profile barrel than a rack grade AR. What the fuck you need a bagrider for on a 7lb gun with a shitty barrel shooting 3 moa.

You get what you pay for. Cheap magpul shit they sell at cabelas or something that people who actually shoot want to run because they work.
    They've basically taken a basic stock, given it a better latching system and a bag rider. This isn't their hot new top of the line PRS stock, just an improvement to the basics. This looks great for the very basic thing it's intended to be. Other than the PRS stocks, every other magpul stock sucks with rear bags. This is a nice change.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
    I don't know why someone would need a bag rider on a hypothetical 3 MOA 7lb rifle but Magpul saw dollar signs at the end of this tunnel and I'm willing to get one, throw the Arisaka stock angle adapter I already have on it, and have a better PRS Lite stock.

This is the stock that the CTR should have been.

I just got one of the new Magpul DT stocks on one of lightweight 16” builds, it replaces a rattle trap MOE that I hated. It’s basically Magpuls version of an Arisaka tricked out CTR without the adjustable buttplate.

I have one of the tricked out Arisaka CTR’s… that’s a nice ass stock! I also have two the the B5 Precision stocks, the one on my 6.5CM has the rubberized riser cheek piece… very nice!!!!!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Bluedog82
    I don't know why someone would need a bag rider on a hypothetical 3 MOA 7lb rifle but Magpul saw dollar signs at the end of this tunnel and I'm willing to get one, throw the Arisaka stock angle adapter I already have on it, and have a better PRS Lite stock.

Its an inexpensive stock that can easily be swapped onto any rifle with a carbine tube. Perhaps it's just a range option during load development that you swap out for field use. I'd probably use the Moe PR in place of the stripped down MBA I've been using. I have a box full of different stocks that get moved around depending on need or use.

Cool stock and one I’d look at if I built another AR. In the meantime, I really do like my ACS for a few reasons, though shooting with a rear bag isn’t one of them.😂

I just got one. Threw it on a gun. It rattles. I’ll stick with the type that have the lock, especially for rigs I hunt with. Anyone want to buy mine?

I just got one. Threw it on a gun. It rattles. I’ll stick with the type that have the lock, especially for rigs I hunt with. Anyone want to buy mine?
    Damn, I was afraid of that. Being that it costs about the same as a rattly MOE stock I didn't figure it would have any type of tensioning device installed.

Damn, I was afraid of that. Being that it costs about the same as a rattly MOE stock I didn't figure it would have any type of tensioning device installed.
    Doesn’t seem to. I didn’t read through everything just threw it on, so if someone knows something I don’t, by all means correct me.

I don't think it has any kind of tensioning to it. I saw a SHIT Show...SHOT show interview from the Magpul booth where it was implied there may be a version of the MOE PR coming out that would have the dual tension system, or something like it, so this really seems like a MOE carbine stock with a butt hook.

I don't think it has any kind of tensioning to it. I saw a SHIT Show...SHOT show interview from the Magpul booth where it was implied there may be a version of the MOE PR coming out that would have the dual tension system, or something like it, so this really seems like a MOE carbine stock with a butt hook.
    Yup, certainly seems that way. Just one lever, pull down a little extra to get it on. The bottom is even hollow. Get what ya pay for I suppose. I like the shape and light weight, just need to lock up the rattle

Reactions: msgriff
    I was hoping it'd at least have a leaf spring inside of it that put tension on the buffer tube to take some rattle out like the SL-series stocks have.

In true Magpul fashion you'll shell out $45 dollars for this stock and another $20 for a MLOK QD sling mount and you're still left with a rattle trap stock when you could get the DT for the same money which has two QD mounting points and locks up tight. Magpul is an expert at separating a man from his money.

Reactions: msgriff
    It blows that magpul would release the DT at the same time as this one - which needs the dual lock more - and not include it. And with a hollow, steep bag rider is a little tough to use. They could’ve made this $15 more and added some features & improvements and sold a bunch.

I like my DT and plan to pick up a PR at some point. My DT has a small amount of play, but not bad.

Hell, both of my CTR stocks rattle around with the lock closed. One is worse than the other. I would not call either one “Rock solid.”

Get some adhesive backed velcro strips. Cut a small piece on the soft side and stick it to the top of the buffer tube. It will get rid of any slop and rattle. Makes the stock a little stiff to adjust for a while but it works.

Get some adhesive backed velcro strips. Cut a small piece on the soft side and stick it to the top of the buffer tube. It will get rid of any slop and rattle. Makes the stock a little stiff to adjust for a while but it works.
    I was gonna suggest something similar.

They should make a slightly nicer version that has tension lock and better bag rider. This one is an odd SKU.

I used electrical tape under my Vltor E-MOD way back when to take out some of the rattle but we're into 2024 now, I don't think we should be resorting to tape and velcro to keep a stock tight on the buffer tube.

Reactions: Charmingmander
    I've been waiting for Magpul to do this for a long time. There are other manufacturers that make similar products, but not at this price point. (that I'm aware of) The rattle doesn't bother me and the angle of the bag rider is about the same as a regular hunting stock.

I’m curious: Why does the open bottom bother you?
    Admittedly I haven't shot with the stock, I've shot plenty of stocks from bags. IMO if the purpose of the shape of the stock is to ride bags, I think the hollowness will not be good for bag riding.

Thanks for the responses. Maybe they’ll make a plug for it, or some tech wizard here can 3D print one.

One could....
    1706805771190.png

and it'd create what Magpul should've done in the first place but honestly as much as I like to mod stuff I'd prefer to not fix their mistakes and just use something else.

One could....
    View attachment 8338262

and it'd create what Magpul should've done in the first place but honestly as much as I like to mod stuff I'd prefer to not fix their mistakes and just use something else.
    That's almost exactly what I initially thought about. The only exception would be that I would use a large straw or tube, i.e. a section of a giant pixie stick, to give enough room to drop the lock pin out if necessary, but fill the void as much as possible. If I find the hole to be a problem, I'll try 3D printing a cap first, then the epoxy/JB Weld if necessary.

And if the rattle bothers you, add a layer or three of this stuff as necessary to tighten things up: UHMW Tape. Multiple thicknesses are available.

Last edited:
    Ha, man you guys really took advantage of that product placement. Just like most, always junk sitting around my bench..

My Magpul CTR uses the Urban Rifleman LLC Bag Rider and is without play due to adding HVAC tape to the buffer tube.

-Stan
    The CTR really is the AR stock of all time.

My only gripe with the new DT vs the CTR is that they seem to have closed the vent holes at the upper sides, which is were LaRue's CTR RISR's rail mounts go for the bolts which would prevent you from using it. Considering getting a DT and milling the holes I would need to make the RISR work.

My only gripe with the new DT vs the CTR is that they seem to have closed the vent holes at the upper sides, which is were LaRue's CTR RISR's rail mounts go for the bolts which would prevent you from using it. Considering getting a DT and milling the holes I would need to make the RISR work.
    If you put the Mapul riser on backwards it doesn't effect the charging handle.

-Stan

I'll opine that the CTR is an exceptional jack of all trades AR stock and I'd also throw the BCM carbine stocks into that ring as well.

If you put the Mapul riser on backwards it doesn't effect the charging handle.
    I'd wondered about that, it seemed like it would but I'd never seen anyone do it or they chopped the riser.