• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul MS3

Outlaw45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Iowa, USA
I just got a MS3 sling for my AR15. I don't have the Magpul ASAP end plate and it's my department's gun so I probably won't be able to change it out. Currently it has a Midwest Industries end plate for attaching a sling but the MS3 doesn't swivel freely when I attach it. I was thinking I would have to attach some sort of ring to the end plate like the Magpul ASAP plate has. Maybe like a key ring attached to the Midwest Industries mount then I could attach the MS3 to that.

Any thoughts?

Re: Magpul MS3

I would think that a key ring would be a little weak as an attachment point.

Why do you need it to swivel freely like with the ASAP? The M4s issued to our troops in the sandbox don't have an ASAP and many still used the MS2 sling (which is essentially the same thing).

Re: Magpul MS3

No the single point attachment point it different. The MS2 works fine, but I just got the MS3 because I like the buckle better. The MS3's buckle is bigger and wider. It clamps on but doesn't have any range of motion.

Actually I think a key ring might work.