• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul PMags ang .204Ruger

dragbag

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2012
CT
Just finished up a new build and having trouble with mags. Are any of you running PMags and .204Ruger and did you have to do anything to get them to function?

Pmags will not work with the 204 round. Even the latest gen mags don't work. What I have found that work are the Lancer L5 AWM, any of my older Colt mags, and E-Lander mags work well also.

Ok thank you. I had three ten round mags and gave them a try. I will try the others.

I have used the 10 and 20 round L5 mags with no issues. I have not tried the 204 in any 30 round mag yet though. But it should work.

It is a hunting rifle so I really only need ten round mags for it. Going to give the L5 a go. Thank you for the help.

I'm glad I came across this topic. I too just finished a 204 build and could not get the pmags 10 and 20 to feed. I have some old colt 20s I'll give a try. But looks like I'll be ordering some l5 mags. Thanks

I can get five rounds to go in the PMag, but as soon as I add a sixth game over. The follower seems to hang up.

where did ya'll get your barrels? I have a spare reciever set setting and was thinking of building it in .204. thanks

I used a JP upper for mine but they also sell just the barrels.

image.jpg

Great looking rifle. Any special Bolt? at this point it's just an idea. I haven't done my due dilligence on that round yet but really think it would be a great little screamer for Coyote irradication.

Great looking rifle. Any special Bolt? at this point it's just an idea. I haven't done my due dilligence on that round yet but really think it would be a great little screamer for Coyote irradication.

Thanks. I used JP's low mass bolt carrier with JP enhanced bolt. I am also using JP's silent captured spring set up. You will need an adjustable gas system using this set up but it has almost no felt recoil once dialed in.

There is a post on predator masters about modifying the pmags to work. I tried them in my 204 after filing down the lips on the inside of the mag and they work perfect.

That is what I was looking at doing. But until you chimed in nobody mentioned it.

My barrel and bolt is from Wilson Combat. I am also running the JP silent capture.