• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Pro 700 Chassis?

Ubaderb

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2020
Any reason I’ve hardly seen anyone use one? Reading and watching a couple reviews everyone seems to knock the price. Searching on Gunbroker I can find a fixed stock for $700 and a folder for $750. Seems a little more fair on the wallet. Any other reason I don’t see anyone use them?

They are great, one of my PRS rifles will be wearing one this coming season. The ergonomics of it are great, especially in the grip adjustment area. Folding hinge is solid, you can also get a fixed hinge and MagPul offers a Arca rail that mates up nicely.

The Pro is a great option. The adjustable grip was well thought out, everything is ambi if I remember correctly. The forend is relatively tall. It's another choice - not better or worse, but just another slightly different option.

Total guess, but it seems like everyone was turned-off when MagPul's price was competitive with similar chassis. After the Hunter came out for +/-$250, it seems like everyone was expecting the Pro to be a +/-$500 option - again, totally guessing.

I know LA Police Gear closed-out a bunch last year for really cheap (~$600 range)....unfortunately they will forever be that price in my mind, haha.

Reactions: BlueLacy
Yeah I would have kind of expected the magpul pro to come in around where the MDT Oryx chassis is.

Reactions: akmike47
I considered one but for the same money I could get a used MPA Competition or save up a little more and get a used ACC.

Reactions: DTF370
Agreed with the above. They’re actually great. I would still go with an MDT or MPA. Yes, the magpul is priced better but I can pick up a used MPA for a price close to that. If the magpul were ~$500 I would have one. MPA/MDT would probably be easier to offload if you chose to upgrade later.

Reactions: akmike47
I just got one and I love it. It feels solid as a tank and very high quality. What drew me in was the grip. Not only is it adjustable forward and aft but it’s extremely comfortable. Other than a integrated arca rail they check all the boxes but even then it’s easily added. I’d buy another...

A5864B33-C0A1-42B8-9B67-461660CE9B1B.png

Reactions: J McGriddle
I’ve got the folder off classifieds here for $600 and it had nv mount and arca rail. Hard to beat that. Bonus being I’m lefty and my son shoots RH so we can both use it. The RH/LH bolt feature is genius and simple - why don’t others do that?

I think there's a lot to be had with this chassis in terms of adjustability. While it may not be right at the level of say a MDT it's pretty close. I'd honestly go this route before MPA. But if you can hold off might be worth saving and picking up a MDT instead.

I just pick one up off the PX to try since I’m a fan of right bolt/right fold. Very few systems offer that.

This is a very underrated chassis system. I like it so much I’m going to run it the season to see how it stacks up.

Reactions: RFutch and DTF370
I like mine a lot. A few minor complaints:

1) It's not exactly light.
2) It doesn't really look like it should retail for $999.95.
3) The LOP and cheek riser adjusters are pretty fine, so adjustments take a bit of time.

That being said, it feels very solid and well-made. I like the ergos. The ability to flip the folding hinge is pretty cool, and obviously lefties don't get left out of the fun.

I'd gladly buy another for my next build.

I love mine. Not only does it have all of the features you may need, it also is not just bare aluminum. They went the extra mile and coated it with a plastic of some sort that makes it feel like a stock.

IMG_2749.jpeg

My buddy brought over a 308 and a 300 win mag in them today and I was really impressed. The latch on the folder has a better fit and less rattle than my mpa chassis

I think I’d describe it as underwhelming great. I have one on my 16” 308 and I really like it and everything it does it does fairly well. Like has already been mentioned if you look around you’ll almost always find them on sale somewhere.

I really like it for a PRS gun or bench work - it weighs a ton but its also equally solid/tanky. The problem is magpul priced them astronomically for 'reasons'? and the look isn't 'cool' but thats a preference thing too. The folder is really nice, locks up tight. Ergos are a matter of preference. I think its a worthwhile buy for 700$ if thats what you can get em for.

Some of the comments make zero sense, basing their perception of what this thing should cost exclusively on the fact that Magpul's previous effort was a featureless cheapo and not on the Pro's features, construction, and design.

Why isn't the product's price being judged against the product's merits?

The 700 Pro is priced better than any of its competitors with folding stocks and has features none of them do.

Interesting that this thread popped up.
I have been considering a new chassis for my short action 700 match rifle.
I was looking at the Whiskey three, I am a KRG fan, but the jump in price for the folder is quite substantial.
I currently have an older XLR chassis with their folder. I wasn't overly impressed with the lock up of the folder, but I am reasonably pleased with the chassis overall, just looking to change things up a bit.
I just happened to think about the pro 700 earlier this morning, I remember initial reviews were very positive.

I run two of these stocks, both folding and I love them. They checked off the right boxes for me. I wanted an MPA but didn't want to pay full retail. Plus adding the folding stock feature put the price higher than I wanted it to be. I picked one up used for $600 with a bag rider that was added on. All I did afterward was add the MagPul Arca rail for like $40 and I was set.

It's a great value and had the feature set I wanted.

Reactions: Holliday
My only complaint is they said they'd make CIP length long action magwells and never fucking did. Fuck them.

Reactions: gnochi
After handle one, I see they are worth the retail price. The polymer furniture and Magpul name make people think it's overpriced.I kinda like the polymer after see the abuse my XLR took over the years. I would like to hear a feature that's on another comp chassis and missing from the Magpul.

Folder - check
Add weights - check
ambi - check
Add ACRA - check
Add NV bridge - check
Adjustable grip - check
Accepts 1.25 barrel - check
Thumb shelf - it's small but it there.

Internal Weights - Nope
Butt Stock Cant - Nope

While they don't have internal weights, there are many options for external MLOK Weights. For example, you could use the the ones from MDT or Gray Ops.

Disregard. I see you were specifically looking for internal weights as you already identified "Ad weights".

After handle one, I see they are worth the retail price. The polymer furniture and Magpul name make people think it's overpriced.I kinda like the polymer after see the abuse my XLR took over the years. I would like to hear a feature that's on another comp chassis and missing from the Magpul.

Folder - check
Add weights - check
ambi - check
Add ACRA - check
Add NV bridge - check
Adjustable grip - check
Accepts 1.25 barrel - check
Thumb shelf - it's small but it there. It's perfect!

Internal Weights - Nope
Butt Stock Cant - Nope

The folder I got here off the trading post didn’t come with action screws or the second set of angled grip panels. I called Magpul, told them I’d bought a used stock and wanted to purchase those parts. They wouldn’t take my money and parts arrived 3 days later. So it also checked the customer service/support box for me.

Got two of these chassis’s and love them I find myself using them over my KRG whiskey3 truthfully I don’t have a good explanation as to why but I certainly believe the Magpul PRO is the most underrated chassis out there.

Reactions: fanninland and MJF
Hoping to find a good deal on a folder SA in FDE this Spring for my rig. Glad folks are liking them. I was thinking I was odd man out.....

Reactions: MJF
I have one and really like it. Has to be one of the most feature packed chassis out there, and you can tell whoever designed this thing actually planned on using it. I bought it because after looking at all of the features and adjustments, I knew I'd be able to make it fit me well.

-Left/Right folding capability with no slop
-Solid LOP Adjustment
-Cantable (albeit small range) buttstock
-Solid cheek riser adjustment
-M lock fore end (I'm adding more weight to mine this season)
-M lock buttstock to add bagriders/whatever
-Interchangeable/adjustable grip (fore/aft movement)
-Bespoke arca rail available at a reasonable price (around $80)
-Ambidextrous
-Plastic over most of the aluminum gives it a good feel
-Sling cups included

Why do people complain about the weight on a chassis? Most of the guys I shoot with are shooting 25# 6brs.

Might also add to the weight comments also that I really like how it seems to balance well with m24 profile barrel without any other added weights.

I bought it for the ambidextrous features and I like everything about it. I thought the price was good when compared to chassis with the same features.

Reactions: Newbie2020