• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MAGPUL PRO 700 Folding Chassis USERS' OPINIONS?

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
Questions for users of Magpul Pro 700 folding chassis for both R700 SA and/or LA:

Do you like it?

How solid is the hinge lockup over a few years of moderate to heavy use?

Does the folder capture the bolt handle and lay flat- when folded to either side for LH & RH actions?

Any oddities with the ambi features like Folder Hinge, Bolt slot cover, Cheekpiece?

Is it a versatile chassis that will work decently for an array of shooting like ELR, PRS style comps, Steel Challenge comps, Formal Training classes, self training?

Is the OD Green color for these stocks about the same as the ODG of Magpul's AR products, or is it a more vivid green? (I like some ODG products on the market, but not Magpul's ODG of their AR accessories)

Last edited:
You’ve seen my comments before. In summary, very solid do it all tactical chassis with all the bells and whistles. Especially at the PX prices you see them at now. Cons: high bore axis and starts on the heavy side. 4lbs if I remember correctly but people have used them and made NRL Hunter weight limits.

Here is a short thread from others with a link to a longer thread in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milf Dots
Just realize I didn’t answered some of the questions. The hinge feels the same as the day I got it. It’s been used a lot as I store and transport it folded.

Yes, the stock captures the bolt handle when folded to bolt side. I prefer this as it lays flat on the non bolt side and the bolt is protected by the stock. Only chassis to do this are the Pro, AIs, JP, and MDT( but actions will not work).

Ambi. Hinge is easy to flip with a coupe of screws. The bolt cover snaps in and doesn’t move. I actual forgot it had one. Cheekpiece feels the same in both sides

Reactions: Milf Dots
They’re closer to 6 lbs than they are 4.

I had one and loved it. Sold it to a buddy who needed a chassis and I upgraded to a Xylo.

The green is their standard OD.

06E97AC6-0C68-4879-9872-D2C39B4ECA66.jpeg

Questions for users of Magpul Pro 700 folding chassis for both R700 SA and/or LA:

Do you like it?

How solid is the hinge lockup over a few years of moderate to heavy use?

Does the folder capture the bolt handle and lay flat- when folded to either side for LH & RH actions?

Any oddities with the ambi features like Folder Hinge, Bolt slot cover, Cheekpiece?

Is it a versatile chassis that will work decently for an array of shooting like ELR, PRS style comps, Steel Challenge comps, Formal Training classes, self training?

Is the OD Green color for these stocks about the same as the ODG of Magpul's AR products, or is it a more vivid green? (I like some ODG products on the market, but not Magpul's ODG of their AR accessories)
I love mine. I really feel like it is an underrated chassis because of who makes it. My last chassis on a previous build was an AICS and call me crazy but I like this one better. The hinge is solid. No problems there.

Having said all that, I’m not a “gamer” so I can’t speak to that.

3BD742B0-BF0F-4E03-890C-C65326ED1963.jpeg

Last edited:
I love mine. Only things that annoys me is the lack of a barricade stop in front of the magwell. Adding an aftermarket one wouldn't be optimal either bc it would force you to have a balance point too far ahead for my taste. I think its the best value out there. I need a right folding chassis.
20220607_125245.jpg

Hopefully a LA will come available at some time in the near future, everything is out of stock at the moment.

I love mine. Only things that annoys me is the lack of a barricade stop in front of the magwell. Adding an aftermarket one wouldn't be optimal either bc it would force you to have a balance point too far ahead for my taste. I think its the best value out there. I need a right folding chassis.View attachment 8134444

Do you have any issues with the bipod slipping on the Arca? I’m thinking about converting my bipod and running a full length arca rail.

Last edited: