• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul PRS for AR-30

grego88

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2012
SoCal
Hell all, new member here.

I'm interested in eventually getting a Magpul PRS for my AR-30. From what I have gathered, there are two different sizes to fit AR-10s and AR-15s. Will either work on the AR-30?

Any info would be great, thanks!!

Re: Magpul PRS for AR-30

I believe the largest difference between the two is the LENGTH of the cheek riser....obviously the AR10 version has a shorter cheek section due to the longer bolt/carrier of the AR10.

For your application either should work just fine.

Oh ok, I thought it had something to do with the actual length of the stock itself.

Thanks for the help.

I would personally opt for the AR-15 version. The addt'l forward length on the cheek riser is nice to have versus the shortened AR-10 version. This is particularly true because the AR-30 ends up moving the stock back a good bit because of how it mounts up and you won't have any issues with bolt clearance (for cycling the action or for removal of the bolt entirely) with the AR-15 version.

the length of the AR15 and AR10 stocks are different, weight and height Adj. are same on each, here are the specs:

AR15: LOP: 13.30"-14.30"

AR10: LOP: 14.30"-15.30"

AR10 stock is longer to accomodate the longer charging handle stroke.

The cheek piece is actually a different length on the AR10 version versus the AR15.

We recently had this mix-up when we received the wrong version. I compared the AR15 version I received with the AR10 version I have on my rifle.

I put the AR15 version on my RRA 308 as I like the shorter LOP, just had to trim off 3/4" from the cheek riser to accomodate the charging handle length.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The cheek piece is actually a different length on the AR10 version versus the AR15.

We recently had this mix-up when we received the wrong version. I compared the AR15 version I received with the AR10 version I have on my rifle. </div></div>

Had the same thing happen. The charging handle would not work right. Called Magpul and they made things right.

Great information, thanks everyone. I think once I do get one it will be the the AR-15 version because of the longer cheek riser.

I have the 308 version on mine. It is much better than the original stock. I do need to add some height to the cheekrest to get a better cheekweld. It is just a little low for my particular setup