• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul PRS stock

Mike Moorhead

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2018
Hey guys: I'm hoping some of you can help me out. I have a Rock River Arms LAR8M in 6.5 Creedmoor that I want to put a Magpul PRS Gen3 on. Do any of you know of issues of Incompatibility between the two?
Thanks in advance, Mike Semper Fi!

I have a Gen1 PRS, they made both an AR15 and an AR10 version. I believe the only difference is the position of the adj cheekpiece, with the AR10 version positioning it farther back as to not interfere with the longer charging handle. Not sure if this is relevant with the design of the later generations, but charging handle clearance will likely be your biggest consideration.

I have a Gen 2 PRS I put on a 24 inch 6.5 Grendel build. It's well made but I find the cheek weld lacking. If I could do it over, I'd get an LMT DMR stock.

I have a gen 3 on an Aero large frame. Gen 3 is compatible with large or small frame platforms, as the cheek riser shape was changed. It also comes with both adapters for carbine, or rifle tube. It's a heavy pig, but I thoroughly enjoy mine.

with the eye cheek raised you cant charge the charging handle, I have it on mine so I just lower the eye cheek to charge it and then I shoot away. I think I heard that the sell a shorter charging handle that will work

with the eye cheek raised you cant charge the charging handle, I have it on mine so I just lower the eye cheek to charge it and then I shoot away. I think I heard that the sell a shorter charging handle that will work
My gen 3 does not have this problem; on large frame, with an obnoxious POF charging handle. Previous generation stocks had a different cheek riser, pending platform

I have Gen 2 and 3 PRS, and a couple of LMT's DMR stocks, one on a POF, the other on MWS- I much prefer the LMT's- a bit lighter and the rounded cheek riser is much more comfortable.
IMG_0452.jpg

OP, be sure to read up on the link MNhunter1 posted as there are some compatability issues unique to the LAR8 as opposed to other AR10 platform designs. If you go the DPMS 1” extender route I heard those can be hard to source although I was able to pick one up here on the classifieds a few years ago.

I am using the PRS gen 3 stock on a Creedmoor AR-10. The cheek riser (comb) on the stock is so far back, that it forced me to re-position my scope further back to be within the Eye-Relief of my scope. (My scope placement is very similar to the picture of the green camo gun a couple postings up). This has made my charging handle less accessible. I shoot from the seated position more than prone; I believe the stock is optimized for prone. You may run into a similar problem with access to the charging handle. I suggest looking at a scope with 4 inches or more of eye relief, if you like this stock.

Last edited: