• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Magpul ubr

aussiegolf89

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2011
Abiline, TX
Building a 3gun rifle and have a magpul moe buttstock. Looking at the ubr. Anybody use one and why should i get one. I like the looks but dont know if it is what i need over the moe

The UBR is slightly longer collapsed or extended, weighs a pound more and doesn't allow for the cheek risers like the MOE if you're using that option already.

It is fixed stock solid. Going to cast about $215 from a hide vendor.

These thing are so much preference related I would recommend checking one out either from a friend or at a shop. Or just pick one up and if you don't like it then pass it along to another member for a fair price in the classifieds and it won't cost much to give it a whirl.

I have a few. They are a rock solid stock and they give me a great cheek weld. like stated above, you can try it out and if you dont like it, pass it along to another person and you wont be out much money.

IMHO the UBR would make a great 3-Gun buttstock. Assuming a 16" or 18" barrel the additional weight should help balance the rifle quite nicely. The stationary upper half should make keeping a consistent cheek-weld a little easier, and, as was mentioned, the rock-solid lockup can't hurt. I'm thinking the balance with a longer barrel would be the greatest advantage.

Aussie I have an UBR on my JP LRP-07 and I love it, the little extra weight does help with the balancing. I too was thinking about getting into 3-gun but because of where i live it just won't be an option right now. But the best advice i could give you is before you buy one go to a gun shop and try out all the different stocks to see which feels best for you, but i think you will love the UBR.

I love mine too, but just be aware it's heavy. If you want to run a 6 pound AR, this isn't your ticket. Like others have said, at least it's heavy in the right place though, helping to balance the otherwise "front-heavy" nature of the AR platform.

Like others have said they are not light. But I have really enjoyed mine. It gives a solid cheek weld and plenty of adjustment to LOP.

thanks guys. weight is an issue so I may stay with the moe for now. here is what my set up looks like. I will reassemble tomorrow and see how she shoots with the lantac dragon installed. this pic was taken before the glass was done.
IMG_0418 by aussiegolf89, on Flickr

Last edited:
If possible I would recommend try before you buy. My REPR came with one and I was genuinely excited about it. That is until I actually used it. For me the cheek weld was terrible and the angle of the stock against my shoulder (shooting prone) wasn't working.