• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Magpull Dynamics Precision Rifle II

idaho1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2011
North Idaho
I recently attended the three day Magpull Dynamics Precision Rifle II course held in Yakima, Wa. Big thumbs up!!
Our course instructor, Caylen Wojcik provided well organized and dynamic curriculum with a big emphasis on field expedient, field practical shooting solutions. Building on the foundation of "natural point of aim", we trained extensively over barricades, both natural and man-made. High angle shooting theory was covered then experienced first hand with 25 degree, 1000 meter targets.... Wind training was a constant part of the course and we were all challenged by 20 plus MPH winds buffeting out positions.... 6 mills of wind hold to hit a 903 meter target was a first for me.
The course was well attended by a mix of LE, military, competition and hunters. The only female attendee put the guys on notice, being the only shooter to clean all 14 targets shooting over barricades under time pressure!
All in all, it was a great course. I left highly motivated to continue to improve and learn at this craft. I highly recommend this challenging course and plan to return.

Also attended the course and agree with everything idaho1 said. Not only is Caylen an excellent instructor, but he's put a lot of effort into setting up the course of fire for varied distances, positions, elevation, terrain and wind. I felt challenged especially when put under the clock but not overwhelmed. The learning value is very high, especially for positional shooting. It's a real gear shake down, and you'll quickly learn what you need and what you don't. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Not the same course at all. The Magpul video was mostly a Todd Hodnett/Accuracy 1st shindig as they hadn't hired Caylen until the video was mostly complete. they added some stuff with Caylen to the DVDs, but the current PR1, R2, etc. classes are far different (better) from what you see on the vids.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's always a pleasure to train with new folks and see them progress throughout the course. That was a great three days and you guys lucked out big time with the great winds to train in.

At the new Magpul Dynamics, there's no more fluff. It's a straight-up, unbiased approach to training in realistic conditions in realistic environments. I can tell you for a fact that the students that just shot the PR2 curriculum got more exposure to more environments and scenarios than most military snipers will get in their careers.

Thanks again to all the shooters that came out; without you guys (and gals) we don't get to do what we love to do!