• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Texgal_338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2005
north of Las Vegas
thinking about putting a magwell on my 1911

brownells offers nighthawk, wilson, ed brown, or smith & alexander types

recommendations?

Re: magwell?

S&A has always done me well. Reasonably priced and they work. Fit is not 100% but close.

Wilson fit my Kimber 1911 with a little work. Dawsen Precision fit my STI 2011 like a glove.

The two smith & alexander one's I have fit well,they do not wrap around the front wich gives them a smoother look than some of the others.

My Kimber came with one installed and I really like it. If you just use the 1911 at the range its not that big of a deal but when competing it makes fast mag changes easier. And they look cool. Ed Brown is good and the S&A ones work great too.

I have the WC speed chute on two of my guns and like it. IMO a few of them are way too wide (I use slim grips on both of these guns) and it was important to find one that was slimmer than the grips and the WC fit the bill.