• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Make sure you have "your papers" with you when you travel

clcustom1911

Muppet Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2017
    The River in Arizona
    Got an email from TripAdvisor that many countries are welcoming Americans to travel to get tourism back up and running (they need the ill-gotten, capitalist money too). Just make sure you have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of travel, register on some government health website, oh, and keep a copy of your test results on you in case you get stopped and need to show proof of testing negative

Come on, it's just a mask. Do your part to slow the spread, flatten the curve.....for the children and grandparents.

Good thing there isn't anywhere in the world i need to go that i haven't been to already or have a future need to visit. Everything i need is in a handful of states here in the good ol'e USA. Fuck the rest of the world.

as long as you have the appropriate paperwork to show

Ihre Papiere bitte

1599839852833.png

Good thing there isn't anywhere in the world i need to go that i haven't been to already or have a future need to visit. Everything i need is in a handful of states here in the good ol'e USA. Fuck the rest of the world.

IDK, Id like to spend a week in Cognac, France. Only trouble is I might never leave.

Reactions: Soulezoo
    We were going to go to Croatia and return on October 15th. The wife does all of our travel planning and she does an excellent job. She started looking at plane reservations and KLM didn't have any flights leaving Croatia for European Ports of Entry beyond October 15th.
    So, if something happened to to our flight on the 15th, we'd be stuck. Fun to think of having that problem, but not very practical while I am still working and the MIL is staying at our house stateside.

Hi,

There hasn't been a country "closed" yet as long as you have the appropriate paperwork to show the "need" of entering it.....

Sincerely,
    Theis
    My aunt and uncle have been stuck in Grenada since they closed all ports of entry. They live there but my aunt's dad is going through treatment for cancer and she can't leave to visit him.

My aunt and uncle have been stuck in Grenada since they closed all ports of entry. They live there but my aunt's dad is going through treatment for cancer and she can't leave to visit him.

Yes, far too much of a chance of being stuck in another country. All they need to do is close their borders and you're stuck there until they tell you it's okay for you to leave. No thanks!

Reactions: 10ring'r
    Seriously?
    Thry're children, indicating their young so you're not terribly attached... Just make more ( though I think many people would be elated to have the extra cash flow why all the toys you want go on vacation when you want). Grandparents are at the end of their Journey anyway and you'd be doing them a favor

Last edited:
    Reactions: 308pirate
    Times like this I wish I had some of the old gold eagles, or sovereigns or krugerrands...

Way less bulky compared to banknotes.

You can easily exchange your banknotes for all of the above, take your pick.
    For various reasons, my suggestion would be Canadian Mint coins, unless you want something special for some specific reason.

For various reasons, my suggestion would be Canadian Mint coins, unless you want something special for some specific reason.
    The older ones due to higher purity or any old one to avoid a collapse in the US dollar. I’m intrigued.

The older ones due to higher purity or any old one to avoid a collapse in the US dollar. I’m intrigued.

You can buy old coins easily if you specifically want them, lots of sellers and it's easy to buy.
    The question is, do you want to pay the premium those often carry?
    Also check your dates, a lot of order coins used "Crown Gold" or slightly lower, in order to make the coins durable.

In my opinion however, (which there are a lot of folks who disagree), modern coins from a reputable source such as the Canadian Mint or US mint and others, have very exact purity standards listed. Some mints (such as the US mint) add little bit of other materials to make the coin stable so when you drop it on the floor the edge doesn't get bent in. Batches can easily be electronically checked or spot melted and checked if you are concerned.

For example, the Canadian Mint standard coins are .9999 pure (older ones were .999), they make some special edition .99999 pure ones.
    Depending on which you get the American ones are .9167 except for special editions which are in the .9999 range.

The super pure coins have to be handled very carefully as they are easily damaged.

In a situation where currency has collapsed, but there is still actual trade going on, I find it highly unlikely that anyone will give you more goods in trade for a coin based on it being older. HOWEVER your chances of smooth trading experience with a well respected mint coin that can be quickly verified based on physical characteristics, is way greater than with some unknown "rounds" or "bars."

In the event that the government once again decides to try to rob everyone of their gold coins:
    1. I don't think the government will be likely to say oh, it's old keep it, at this stage in the game, they will want it all.
    2. The "Good folks" are not stupid government trusting sheeple like the people in the USA were last time.
    3. As explained by folks not long ago going to India and other places. Turning your gold into home made jewelry and religious idols is a fun and easy home project.
    4. Lots of gold is going to be going back into the dirt till the regime collapses.

Here is a couple quick links on purity history:

Again, what in my opinion matters is that the exact composition is known, guaranteed and widely accepted to be correct.

I’m not traveling at all. I’m not leaving the state of Texas.
    Exactly this. Please let your neighbors know though, I’m tired of seeing mask wearing tourists with Texas plates. Most of them left here are Minnesotans though, I would at least agree their state has zero to offer so might as well leave risk dire consequences to require a mask on vacation rather than stay at home. Idiots...

As much as we love visiting historic countries, my wife and I have zero desire to go anywhere outside our region right now. That is especially true for international travel, I’m not leaving the borders for a long time now, despite early thisyear we were planning a trip back to Germany and another to Belize.

Stay local, buy local, America first.

Reactions: Snipe260
    Would be nice if I had some banknotes to do that with...

Got a fuckton of old silver, though, and some CSA paper somewhere. Not sure what bullion value is now or if I have enough for it to matter but...

Got a fuckton of old silver, though

If it's scrap silver, you can probably find some reputable folks that will give you close to melt value for it and then you can sell it.

Now if it's like old coins and such, keep them.

If it's scrap silver, you can probably find some reputable folks that will give you close to melt value for it and then you can sell it.

Now if it's like old coins and such, keep them.
    Coins. Mercury dimes, mostly, but so worn down that they're only worth bullion value.

I recently (last month) had to travel to Texas for business.

I am never getting back on a fucking airliner for as long as I live unless it's a dire emergency.

Fuck the airlines, their virtue signaling, and their power trips. They can all go bankrupt for all I fucking care.

Coins. Mercury dimes, mostly, but so worn down that they're only worth bullion value.

If you were in the NTX area, I'd hook you up with the dealer I use, you might actually get above bullion value even if they are pretty worn, it just depends how worn as people still buy those by the bagful to keep as cheap barter silver as long as it's somewhat legible as to what it is.