• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Making a wood stock

Outerspace

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Guys, long story short, I have access to lots of free wood, and am interested in making stocks. Have some woodworking experience, so with the right instructions I think I could do it.

Problem is my google bone must've come out of the socket, am having bad luck finding any good instructional material.

If you know of some books or websites that would work for a first time builder, please post.

Re: Making a wood stock

It will take tons of time. I"m almost finished with my first. When its done I'll post pics. I never found much that was useful. Youtube was my best info source. Found enough to get me started there. I'm doing all of mine with hand tools though so with power it might not take to long. Post when you finish.

i am in pa gunsmith school and i have made 4 stocks in the last two months from blanks i can get some info from in the school on how to start it out and go through the proses if u would like so PM me and let me know or i can just tell u the easyest ways to start it out which ever

good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have made <span style="font-weight: bold">4 stocks in the last two months from blanks</span></div></div>

Jeez Louise!! You are da man!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif

I worked on my stock every school day of the semester and just barely got it done, from a semi-inlet!
blush.gif

I appreciate the interest and response, I was thinking if everybody could put their youtubes and instructions in this post that would be better.

My online searching has been a desert, so PLEASE, any youtube or whatever will help.

I should say that I do have some power tools, a bandsaw and router, and other stuff, so I don't know what "by hand" really means, but lets see if we can get some resources going here.

Thanks.