• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Making "The Last Of The Mohicans

steve podleski

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2005

Interesting clips how a military officer trained the lead actor into the use of small arms and hand-to-hand fighting.

Also clips of ex-Special Forces officer training other actors into drills of the period.

Last edited:
Incredible movie. Need to find it on 4K Blu Ray.

I've hunted and fished most of the places that was filmed.

Yeah me too. Beautiful part of the state. Grouse hunted the hell out of that part of the state when I had setters. Backpacked a bunch of it between shining rock and chimney rock. Rugged rural and real. The people too except Asheville.

Lived in Asheville during the filming. Daniel Day-Lewis refused to stay at the Grove Park Inn [Internationally known four or five star hotel] with the other actors and crew. He found a two room log cabin on a dirt road off the beaten track.
A friend rented the cabin immediatly after shooting had wrapped and found a "Dream Catcher" that he assumes that Lewis made as there were also a lot of supplies left as well. Where the "Dream Catcher' hung there was a short note or poem and signed by Lewis written on the wall.

Reactions: beretta_man11