• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mammoth Pack?

Jones423

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2023
KS
Trying to figure out what size pack to use for mammoth? Anyone with experience that’s willing to help would be appreciated.

If you dont have a pack make sure you look at them first..shoulder strap padding is very important.
Also have a way to strap your rifle that is comfortable and centered in or on your pack(straight up and down is best)
As far as packs Mystery Ranch Beartooth 80 is a good one (I left the day pack off)
Have cubes or ways to separate your items inside the pack.
Other makes that are popular are the Kifaru ma duece and
Stone Glacier but I dont remember the model most were using.

I haven't done Mammoth.

But for that sort of event, I would think having a pack with a frame and good padding/support would be important.

Trying to figure out what size pack to use for mammoth? Anyone with experience that’s willing to help would be appreciated.
I run the EXO mountain gear K4800 with rifle sling. I loved it and it made carrying the weight of the rifle and gear very easy.

Attachments

• IMG_2549.png
    IMG_2549.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 82
I run the EXO mountain gear K4800 with rifle sling. I loved it and it made carrying the weight of the rifle and gear very easy.
Are those older EXO rifle gun bearers? Talking about the bits on the butt pads. They look nice but I can’t locate them.

Are those older EXO rifle gun bearers? Talking about the bits on the butt pads. They look nice but I can’t locate them.
Yeah they were the K3 version. They’ve made a newer one that should do the same thing

Reactions: carbonbased