• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Man jailed for barking at K-9

Re: Man jailed for barking at K-9

simple way to stop any person barking at a K-9

RELEASE THE HOUNDS !

Where does this shit end???....A potential felony for barking at a dog
confused.gif

I guess I take a differant read on this. Harassing a police dog isnt too smart. It teaches the dog to hate everyone, not just the bandit he's suppose to dislike.

I can see the possible danger to the public harassing police dogs can present. Maybe making it a felony will keep the next idiot from harass police dogs.

Reminds me when I was hauling a horse back from Indiana. I stopped at a rest area to do my "trick". I came back to the truck to see some lady holding a little yapping dog up to the window of the trailer laughing as the dog was barking at my horse, I asked how funny she would think it was if I threw both of them in the trailer with the horse. She stomped off all upptidy.

Wonder how funny the idiot in this story would have found it if the cop turned the dog loose.

One of the LEs on here can set me straight if I'm incorrect, but I thought K-9s were trained to be agressive around everyone but their handler. That dog is already trained to be aggressive towards <span style="font-style: italic">anyone</span> if so commanded or provoked.

And I wonder how the cops would have felt for being reprimanded/sued for having had the dog tearing the crap out of the guy <span style="font-style: italic">because he barked at it</span>

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Day-Target-Innocent/dp/1594032556

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedRyder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And I wonder how the cops would have felt for being reprimanded/sued for having had the dog tearing the crap out of the guy <span style="font-style: italic">because he barked at it</span> </div></div>

If the dogs are dangerous to people who have not committed any crimes, and cannot be controlled by their handlers, then they should be sued. That's the entire purpose of the civil law--to put liability where it belongs. If the government is going to maintain dangerous dogs, it ought to pay for the damages they cause, if it happens. This seems like common sense to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but I thought K-9s were trained to be agressive around everyone but their handler</div></div>

No Sir;

Not with our dogs, (ours being the Anchorage PD). The handlers would take the dogs to schools to entertain the kids. I don't recall ever having a problem with our dogs and the public.

The dogs just seemed to know. I remember using them to find a kid that had been buried by a snow plow, he showed no agression toward the kid, then again, the same dog was with me when we came upon a rape in progress. Completely differant dog, he didnt have any problem determining which was the bad guy and which was the victom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a good thing he didn't stop and lick his nuts in public,
he may have gotten 20 to life. </div></div>
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

Wow!

There are many reasons why interfering with police dogs would (and should) be a felony. Bottom line -- stupid got told to stop and refused.

Let's hear from all the people who insist that it's perfectly proper to shoot a drunk wahooing a sixpak of beer because "the law says you can use deadly force to prevent theft in the nighttime."

After raising,training and handling 4 Rotts over the 16 yrs I see it as animal harassment when a guy sticks his face in the window and starts provoking a dog or other animal.
Pull that shit on one of my Rotts and in front of me, the dog is and will be the least of your worries.

If the City wants to make animal provocation a Felony I am happy with that.
The dumbass deserves it and a good bootstompin too.

308Panther

First of all, the article never stated that he stuck his face in the window. Second of all, he deserves a "good bootstompin?" I guess using that line of logic, it would be perfectly fine to shoot someone for stealing a television? Sorry, can't agree.

And yeah, I agree hipshot, when a cop tells somebody to do something, they OUGHT to do it right then. And if he didn't listen I guess the cop had no choice but to arrest the guy. But to charge him with a FELONY? I don't know though...in the grand scheme of things I figure the cops would have had better things to do with their time.

Sweet Jesus that's a long sentence for a dumb crime.

There's breaking the law, and then there is enforcing Justice.

One of the two did not occur here.

Well Greg you can say "WoW" if you want. But for god's sakes, <span style="text-decoration: underline">DON'T SAY </span>"BOW WOW" or even worse, "BOW WOW WOW" otherwise, you can be arrested. Or mentally evaluated. Or shot.
grin.gif

Its not like the good old days when you could "administer" some street smarts. There probably was a camera hiding somewhere.

It is not a felony in Texas but it is illegal to harass a service animal. The problem is that the dogs become really agitated when taunted in the vehicle and start scratching and biting at the metal cage. This can result in broken teeth, torn toe nails, and future behavior problems. The physical injuries cost the taxpayers money in vet bills and put the dogs out of service.

Also, the police dog today is stable and social. Gone are the days of crazy uncontrollable dogs in law enforcement.

Funny how the very same people who seem to worry about Police officers time are the ones who waste it. What once would have been a swift kick in ass, we'll call it remedial common sense training is no longer acceptable, so yes getting arrested for "barking at a K9" is appropriate.

If that guy was versed in speaking dog, this could be a violation of free speech.

Well, that just shows how educated our system is. Wasting the tax payers money on a person going to jail for a year for barking at a dog.
mad.gif
What's next?

<span style="font-style: italic">...You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim, da do da do...</span>

"Prosecutors yesterday agreed to downgrade the charge to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct offense. Judge Al Bell ordered Daniels to undergo a mental health evaluation and paroled him. He was sentenced to serve two to 12 months in jail."

last line of the article....

Thats like locking him up for speaking to a cop. He was just saying good morning,in dog speak. Bit harsh.

Police dogs should be replaced with robots. Just like Punxsutawney Phil. It's cruel and letting a dog be a dog is just inhumane.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texagator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 700P300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's next?</div></div> Someone will be along in a minute to make comparisons to the Nazis and/or Hitler and to imply that this is yet another example of psycho-berserker cops who have abandoned the supposedly benevolent and fatherly "peace officer model" of the 1950's, choosing instead to embrace the "militarized stormtrooper" model of law-enforcement. Concentration camps and regular Waco-style burnings of women & children are just around the corner. </div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Whats next? Its Texagator as Judge Dredd!</span>
f395r8.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I take a differant read on this. Harassing a police dog isnt too smart. It teaches the dog to hate everyone, not just the bandit he's suppose to dislike.

I can see the possible danger to the public harassing police dogs can present. Maybe making it a felony will keep the next idiot from harass police dogs....

Wonder how funny the idiot in this story would have found it if the cop turned the dog loose. </div></div>

^what he said. Last thing you need is a pissed off uncontrollable K9 because some jackass wants to poke at the caged animal.

On the same note, I wouldn't give him jail time, but would give him one hell of a fine and a conviction on his record stating that he likes to harrass animals.