• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Management buck vs. Coyotes...

cbosshog79

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2009
Henderson County, Texas
I shot this deer this morning at 9am and didn't find him until 2pm. It didn't take the coyotes long to do their good work...

I have been watching this deer for the past couple of years and just haven't had a chance to get him off of the place. All in all not a bad management type buck for around here, he was 5.5 and gross scores just over 126 as a seven point. He has 9" and 7.5" brows and 11" G2's...

IMG00007-20091204-1439%20%2819%29.jpg

IMG00006-20091204-1437%20%2817%29.jpg

IMG00008-20091204-1440%20%2821%29.jpg

Re: Management buck vs. Coyotes...

wow, looks like coyote season will be fun in your neck of the woods!!!

crows picked his eyes out too huh... yeah i would start calling it up in there. looks like you have a few, that must have been a couple

Is that that same 7 pointer that was a 7 last year???? he's an old man! sorry you didn't find it until the coyotes did. They are bad out there...

Hey Kyle...

Yup, that is the same old 7 that I was seeing last year. I figured that he was about as good as he would ever be and it was time to cull him off. I don't think he gained many inches from last year though so he might have been on the downward side of life.

he looks pretty dang close to those photos from last year... good deer to take out of there.

I never did get any photos of that split beam deer. He said he doesn't have any digital photos for whatever reason... you would think in this day and age it wouldn't be so hard....

anyway, nice kill... too bad about the coyotes.

Nice deer..coyotes do seem to do some quick work, I agree with the previous poster get out and pop some coyotes as some payback.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smallmouth Crazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice deer..coyotes do seem to do some quick work, I agree with the previous poster get out and pop some coyotes as some payback.</div></div>

cbosshog is a bigtime predator hunter, I am sure he will be exacting his revenge

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smallmouth Crazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice deer..coyotes do seem to do some quick work, I agree with the previous poster get out and pop some coyotes as some payback.</div></div>

cbosshog is a bigtime predator hunter, I am sure he will be exacting his revenge </div></div>

LMOA>... yeah... MANY will pay the price.

A friend of mine placed a poor shot(due to the fact he is a poor shot) on this eight pointer a couple years back. He hit it with a few hours of light left and it only went about 50 yards from where it was hit. So he just let it lay for about two hours figuring it was dead. When he got up to go to his truck he passed by it and, ofcourse it got up and ran. So by the time our tracking team got ready 3 hours had passed from its initial hit. About half hour later(when it was total darkness a pack of yotes sounded the alarm we were there about 100-150 yards from us. Right around where the buck was laying(bleeding). They hung around for quite a while but with 5 guys tracking this deer they backed off. About 10:30 that night crawling on my hands and knees with my eyes frazzled I jumped it. Thought it was a buddy walking by me. His demise was a 10mm sidearm not the dirty dogs. THis year my other buddy was not as fortunate. He lost a nice eight similar to yours to the dogs. The same guy that made the bad shot said a guy at his old hunt camp lost one in less than two hours. He made the mistake of going back to camp first. When he walked up to claim his prize(through michigan swamp ferns) he shined his light and all he seen was eyes! So remember kids make a good shot and get them out quick!

JCH & Kyle1974... Yup, I'm looking forward to getting past deer season and getting back on the yotes. We need to do a little thinning on that place but it is so dang thick it is a really difficult place to call with much success.

ttam... This was a similar situation with a bad shot. I did not make a good shot on the deer and all of this could have been avoided with better shot placement. Of course, hunting is hunting and things like this happen...