• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Manfroto Carbon Fiber Tripod, ball head, and Hogsaddle painted up

Short-bus

customguncoatings.com
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2008
Smithville, MO
www.customguncoatings.com
Manfroto Carbon Fiber tripod, swivel ball head, and hogsaddle painted up in Desert Sand for a customer. He's taking it on a hunt out west and didn't think that an all black/grey setup would be so great in the prairie grass so he wanting me to paint it desert sand. I thought that the coyote tan/FDE highlights on the legs would be a nice touch just for aesthetic purposes (aka prettier). My goal on projects like this are to make it look factory. Only part I wish I could change something is on the Hogsaddle. I wish that I could remove the rubber grippy stuff on the inside, and re install after paint. It's the only part i'm not perfectly happy with and there's a bit of overspray on the rubber that I removed as much as I could on. Just not as super clean as i'd like. Everything else on the parts all look great.

Branden
1381211_346012352202680_668823156_n.jpg

1378881_346013508869231_66847289_n.jpg

Damn, nice job! And I just rec'd my Manfrotto yesterday thinking it looked great with that carbon fiber. Busted my bubble.

L

Polane, close enough for government work. I use a different catalyst, and reducer, plus have the paint mixed with flattener from the start to get the right finish that I like on the work I do.

Branden

Polane, close enough for government work. I use a different catalyst, and reducer, plus have the paint mixed with flattener from the start to get the right finish that I like on the work I do.

Branden

I hear you add a little bacon grease for the right consistency.....

Guided my friend on an elk hunt in NM this weekend using the tripod and Hog Saddle shown in the picture. He dropped a bedded 5x5 bull from 521 yards with a single shot with a 270. Bull ran for ten yards after being hit and then went tits up.

Guided my friend on an elk hunt in NM this weekend using the tripod and Hog Saddle shown in the picture. He dropped a bedded 5x5 bull from 521 yards with a single shot with a 270. Bull ran for ten yards after being hit and then went tits up.

That's great news congrats to you and your friend.
I actually got to try out a very similar set up to this meaning a monfrotto and the newest version of the hogsaddle for my first time yesterday at a PR course and wow was I impressed with the Hogsaddle and the tripod. That Hogsaddle is a great product, well built, functions easily and provides a stable platform. I am going to order one for sure after getting to try it out at the PR course. I have one question what model Monfrotto tripod is that in the pics? Which head ?
Thanks Woody