• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manfrotto tripod suggestions

EricF517

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Howell, Michigan
Wife wants to get a Razor spotting scope to do some digi-scoping. She wants a tripod that won't break the bank that she can use in a multitude of positions, from prone on the range to standing (she is 5' 5") with the angled eyepiece. If I was ever to get to use it it would be mainly for deer season with the Savage. Need a good way to attach it to the rifle for no hands until needed.

There are just so many of them out there I am getting a headache LOL

Re: Manfrotto tripod suggestions

If it's Manfrottos, it's either the 190XPROB or 055XPROB that you can use prone or standing.

The 055XPROB is a little stouter, but it probably won't support your rifle like the Caldwell Dead Shot Fieldpod would...

190XPROB costs a little less than the 055XPRO.

(Edit: load capacity of the 055XPROB is 7kg, 190XPROB is 5kg)

geo, I looked at the Dead Shot, good idea. I am not so much looking for support as I am just setting the rifle in front of me. Where I will be using it, if I get to, is in an open field. Hoping to keep it in front of me to limit movement instead of keeping the rifle in my lap. I am all about simplicity. The simpler things are the better LOL.

Broker I like the idea of the Hog Saddle until I looked at the price tag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricF517</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Broker I like the idea of the Hog Saddle until I looked at the price tag. </div></div>

It's worth every penny. Buy once, cry once...

I just got one, was playing with it yesterday, better than expected for sure. More review to come, but in short I really like it.

348sl00.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy once, cry once... </div></div>

Has a nice ring to it.....

I've got the 055XPROB and it's really stout. They used to come with the retractable spike feet. They're well worth the extra $$.

After talking with the wife she does like the 055. She did however laugh at me about the Hog Saddle.

Have the 055xprob, great tripod, super sturdy, id def get a pistol grip type head

I have a 190XPROB and it works great. After attending a sniper concentration and seeing them used we decided to outfit our snipers with them. Its used for our Mark 4 spotters and as a rifle rest in conjunction with cradles we got from Precision Rifle Solutions. The tripod has been invaluable during deployments as it can be used from prone all the way up to standing. You wonder how you got by w/o them.We also have the vertical joystick attachment as well as also works like a charm.