• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manner Flush Cups?

diderr

The Patch Guy
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2013
Gillette, Wyoming
datapatches.com
Are manners flush cups removable? I prefer non-rotating ones but the LRH I ordered came with rotating ones. I hate playing untangle the sling all the time 😆

Attachments

• 9096DBD3-74B5-4735-931B-F68BD059EDD8.jpeg
    9096DBD3-74B5-4735-931B-F68BD059EDD8.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 72
I had an older Manners stock I got from a friend and it had full rotation qd cups that I changed myself and it came out really nice. First I found a drill bit that fit the inside of the qd cup snug. Then I take the drill bit out of the cup and heat the bit up with a torch, get it hot and put it in the cup. With the hot bit held with vice grips let it sits for a couple of seconds the epoxy melts and the cup should come right out no problem. Then epoxy in the non rotational cups.

I had an older Manners stock I got from a friend and it had full rotation qd cups that I changed myself and it came out really nice. First I found a drill bit that fit the inside of the qd cup snug. Then I take the drill bit out of the cup and heat the bit up with a torch, get it hot and put it in the cup. With the hot bit held with vice grips let it sits for a couple of seconds the epoxy melts and the cup should come right out no problem. Then epoxy in the non rotational cups.
Thanks!

Just to be clear...the cups have threads on them against the stock, so once you get that old epoxy loosened up, you still have to unscrew them to get them out.

Reactions: diderr
Finally tried the drill bit technique today… worked like a charm! I worked a lot faster/ better than I imagined! I had one limited rotation one I found in a gun room junk drawer and it was an easy swap. Now just need to wait on the Grovetech order to swap the back one out

Attachments

• D1535F3F-1060-4149-8C42-8CE49EA373C4.jpeg
    D1535F3F-1060-4149-8C42-8CE49EA373C4.jpeg
    432.4 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: f2504x4