• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manner TCS Grip: how does it compare to others?

Senor_Barney

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Northern California
    Looking to scratch the Manners TCS itch.

For those with time behind one, any first-hand perspective on the grip, compared to the only other stock/chassis I have access to: KRG Bravo, MDT ACC, and MPA Matrix.

Specifically, the grip width / palm swell, total grip height / length (i.e. how much room is there to move the hand up and down while moving around), and trigger distance to other similar stocks?

I have seen a lot of other posts on the trigger distance feeling "long" for some, which is less of my concern than palm swell and purchase.

I am not lucky enough to have bougie friends with deep pockets to afford a Manners TCS that I can try myself, so I'll just never be able to get hands-on time behind one like I would want to. No need to suggest that because it just isn't possible unless I myself "buy to try".

What I will say bugged my on the Bravo (and why I eventually went ACC/Matrix) is the lack of adjustability for the grip and thumb rests. For the Bravo it was "one size better fit all" and it didn't fit me because there seemed to only be about 1/2 inch between the bottom of my trigger hand and the bottom of the grip. When I would move around with the rifle I just didn't feel as secure when I moved it around relative to how much longer (taller?) the grip is on the others.

Having said that, will the Manners TCS be just like the Bravo?

I’ll just be the first to say that what you’re asking is pretty much 100% subjective and dependent on a lot of different variables. How it feels to one guy will not be the same for you or the next guy. So take whatever responses you get here with a grain of salt because it’s very difficult to accurately relay something based heavily on personal preference.

That said, it’s not much like a Bravo in that the distance between the grip and trigger is considerably longer and the palm swell is definitely thicker. The thumb shelf is more or less one size fits all. However, the grip height is probably about the same as the Bravo… I have XXL hands and didn’t really close to fitting on either of them:

1422E351-E7B8-47F9-B73F-EF6BCB16CC17.jpeg

I moved back to chassis because I feel they fit me and I shoot them better, but not because I felt my grip on the TCS was “compromised.” Just not as comfortable to me.

I do still have a couple of friends with TCS and hand sizes ranging from very large to pretty small… I haven’t heard any of them complain about the grip so I tend to believe they’re somewhat adaptable. YMMV.

Reactions: Senor_Barney
    I hated the grip of the TCS. It was the only thing I disliked. I shoot Centurions now and love it.

The TCS grip was too wide, swept back, and didn't mesh with my hands too well. I have M/L hands.

Previously owned an MPA BA Competition which was very comfortable, easy to shoot from, and very repeatable. Currently have 170 rounds on a TCS and am really enjoying the design. The grip is comfortable but my hand does seem to position slightly differently from shot to shot in a sequence. Need more time on the stock but I won't be going back to a metal chassis anytime soon. L to XL hands... not really sure. No issues with reaching the trigger.

1640652177891.png

76B12C07-E076-4293-BED8-EC112849872D.jpeg

I think the best grip at the moment is the mpa matrix. With that being said I really like the grip on my tcs and how repeatable and comfortable it is but they do need to do some work to it to make it more natural.
    It’s a great width, shape and the thumb shelf is really good, it doesn’t push your thumb to the side in an un natural way like most chassis. Really allows you to drive the gun in a solid and repeatable way, instead of it just being a place you gently place your hand.
    But the grip is a bit too high and slants your hand downwards and it’s a bit far from the trigger, if they addressed those things it’d be pretty close to perfect. Unless you’ve got really small hands the grip won’t give you any issues you might just be surprised by the small nuances like any new grip.

You can see in all the pictures. Downward slope and a bit far from the tigger. You can get them to move the trigger closer to the grip but that’s a custom order. I’ve been running manners stocks for a while though so to me it feels totally normal but I do still recognise they could make some improvements to it.

Reactions: S3th
    But the grip is a bit too high and slants your hand downwards...You can see in all the pictures. Downward slope and a bit far from the tigger.

I forgot who posted this pic a while back (not claiming credit), but I saved to my phone and now what you are saying makes a ton of sense when I look at it a second time. Thanks for calling that out.

The forward angled grip is clearly apparent vs. my KRG Bravo. And, there does appear to be more of the wide area that is "graspable" on the Manners than the Bravo.

B421A24B-0986-46C2-ACE9-BD0DC8105AA0.jpeg

Reactions: rydah
    I hated the grip of the TCS. It was the only thing I disliked. I shoot Centurions now and love it.

The TCS grip was too wide, swept back, and didn't mesh with my hands too well. I have M/L hands.
    FWIW, you posted one for sale a few months back with this sweet high plains gloss finish...and seeing that combo is what gave me the TCS itch.

Go figure....🤣

FWIW, you posted one for sale a few months back with this sweet high plains gloss finish...and seeing that combo is what gave me the TCS itch.

Go figure....🤣
    😆😆 It's an amazing stock. Just wasn't for me. And I'm a big Manners fan. They got everything but the grip right on that stock.