• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners BDL mini chassis?

keith jones

Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Bulls Gap,TN
Having new hunting build done. Have been looking at mini chassis. So question is chassis vs. Top quality bedding? Some of the bedding the smiths are doing are immaculate. But which would be better, chassis or bedding. Thanks

I don't know how you could go wrong with the BDL mini chassis on a hunting rig. You order the stock from Manners and when it arrives you drop it in a go! Convenient, modular, lightweight, and lower cost. I think bedding is the way to go if you really want to polish the cannon ball and have the most precise fit and finish possible.

Get behind em. Trust me. I hated the AICS and ran only Manners/Mcm/HSP. I didn't like the look, and had a thumbhole on a 10/22 and hated it. In a few weeks I got behind a 2.0 and fell in love, but didn't want the folder and got a 1.5, and now I own 3, and a KRG. Good thing about manners is , call em up, give em your cc# and they'll send you whatever you wanna try, as soon as they have one in. Manners with a mini chasis... As good as it gets though.

Does the BDL take the place of the magazine box or do you still have to put mag box inside of the BDL chassis?

Better in what way? Accuracy? It's my understanding, after talking to several gunsmiths, that traditional glass bedding is the most stress free way to put a barreled action into a stock. This leads to "better" accuracy. By how much? Well, I'm probably not good enough to notice the difference, but nonetheless...

When speaking to Ken Lin at gap, he recommended bedding barreled actions even when using a chassis system. My buddy used the mcs chassis and then bedded the barreled action into the chassis itself. That thing shoots.

Hope this helps.

There is no need to bed a mini chassis.
This out of my PCR built .308 with a T4A with mini chassis

4@100yds

Some mini chassis's shoot great without bedding and some don't.There's no guarantee it will not have to be bedded.