• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners bottom metal question

trickyric

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2012
South Florida
I have been researching stocks and bottom metals to go with them and I have grown fond of the Manners stocks.
I noticed in the options to order on their website that there is no up charge for for the Badger M5 DBM, Seekins DBM, Surgeon DBM plus many others. However I noticed that many people on the Hide have spend anywhere from 2-3 hundred dollars to add a APA, Defiance DBM, etc.
Am I missing something? If the Manners stock comes with an AI compatible DBM from a quality manufacturer why the expensive upgrade?
I understand that preference comes into play but it seems like a really big expense to do the same thing as the "free" one.

They don't include the DBM, rather, the stocks are inletted for whichever DBM you want with no additional charge. The actual DBM must be purchased separately.

They don't include the DBM, rather, the stocks are inletted for whichever DBM you want with no additional charge. The actual DBM must be purchased separately.
That makes perfect sense. I must have missed that part in the description

Or get the Manners Mini Chassis, which includes the bottom metal. And no need to pillar bed and bed the action to the stock.

Is the mini chassis similar to the AI chassis?

Similar in that it's an easy bolt in and go and uses AICS mags. The Mini Chassis is an excellent option. Have 3 of them now.

Here's some pictures of the Mini Chassis for you

Another shout out for the mini chassis. Its about the easiest way to gun and you can use it with multiple barreled actions.

Don't bed it either, not necessary and it will murder the resale value if you ever decide to sell it

Is the mini chassis similar to the AI chassis?

It is a metal chassis inside the normal Manners stock. From the outside, you cannot tell. But it takes the place of pillar bedding and bedding. Just bolt in and go. And bottom metal is included.

Crazy question I guess: When you order a manners stock with a mini-chassis - does it come installed?