• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Manners build time

akscott

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2012
North pole, ALASKA
Do any of you know what the wait time is on a manners t2a or t4a I am wanting to order one and am trying to figure out when I need to order. I have found old threads that said anywhere from 4-20 weeks?

Re: Manners build time

I ordered on last week and they said 12-16 weeks, I have another one going on 10 weeks, but well worth the wait.

I ordered a MCS-T around 12/06/11 and got it on 03/22/12. I know thats not the type of stock you are asking about but it will give you a good idea on the wait time.

Ed

Well I just orderd a t4a in desert camo with the mini chassis so will see what they say when I get the confirmation email

Dam! I wonder why it takes so long? Sounds like they need to hire some more help and expand. I did read that they started a second shift. I am going to order one myself. i guess i better get it done. Lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dam! I wonder why it takes so long? Sounds like they need to hire some more help and expand. I did read that they started a second shift. I am going to order one myself. i guess i better get it done. Lee</div></div>

Its the old quality vs quantity concept. In a lot of business situations, when small, highly technical companies expand, the cohesion that made them great is lost, and so goes the quality.

Therefore, its sometimes wise to have long lead times and still guarantee the highest of quality.

no matter how long it takes to get your stock from Manners, it is well worth the wait, I have three T4 now and will soon order a T5.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good luck getting one exacty as you order.

</div></div>

Sounds as if you had a bad experience?

Just order a suppressor at the same time. That will make the wait seem shorter for the manners.
laugh.gif
Since Manners won't charge you until the stock is ready, you can replenish the funds you robbed from Peter for the suppressor. There! Problem solved.

I am at 12 weeks on one, 8 on another, and 4 on my last one. All three times they quoted minimum of 16 weeks. I would bet they are over 8000 on build numbers by now.

Yes, please explain chooter?

I've got one on order as well, 5 months and not getting exactly what you ordered would be tough to take!

BnC

Mine has been over 4 months. Waiting for the LA mini-chassis. Waiting on components is a forgone reality when it comes to custom builds.

I just received my Manners t4a stock on Friday. I placed the order on August 26th 2011. A total of approximately 7 months. However, there was a problem with the inlet machine for the savage so I had to send it back when i first got it at the very end of February. So if it wasn't for that mistake it would be about 6 months. But I was quoted 16 weeks. A bit longer than I had expected but the stock is just amazing. I will definitely buy more when I have more money and rifles.

Oh and I do believe Manners went through a move to expand their company, and they also discontinued custom paint jobs I think to further improve their lead times.

Did any of you that went past 16 weeks, order molded colors? I ordered molded camo and I wonder if it will be longer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJ7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did any of you that went past 16 weeks, order molded colors? I ordered molded camo and I wonder if it will be longer. </div></div>

Yes I had molded in OD Green.

Matt said 16 weeks when I talked to him last week. I just sent the email confirming my order.

I got:
MCS-T4
Standard Shell
Savage Short 4.4"
CDI Detach Mag System
Factory Heavy Barrel Inlet
Adj. Butt Spacer System
Flush Cup Right Side-2ea
Flush Cup Left Side-2ea
Sling Stud BTM Front
OD Green Painted Finish

Should be awesome.

Best,
Justin

I just received my T2A 2 weeks ago. I ordered roughly OCT 20th.