• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners - Changes to custom camos

tmanners

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2006
1232 swift, NKC, MO.
As of the first of the year we are making a change to our custom finishes. We will no longer offer custom painted camos direct through us. We will only offer molded in colors and the same high end solid color painted stocks that we have for years. This will not effect any current orders all ready in the system, they will be completed and shipped as ordered, it will only effect new orders.

The main reason that we have moved in this direction is to focus a 100% on what we do best, manufacture the highest quality stocks available.

We feel that by doing this we will be able to better server our customers in the long run and that it will help us reach some of 2012 goals. Due to the tremendous support of our customers, we continue to have a huge amount of growth, which brings us to the biggest goal of 2012, to reduce the lead times. The first part of this goal was our move in 2011 to our new facility. The second part was the addition of the night shift which we started a month ago. The third part is streamlining the operation and making sure that we are 100% focused on what we do best, make stocks. Also by doing this it will help us reach our goal of becoming an industry leader in innovation and release new products like the new line of folding stocks. We are also look forward to releasing a few other new projects in the next few months.

We had a hard time making this decision, but we feel that there are some very good custom painters out there that do tremendous work. They are also 100% focused on doing what they do best, high-end camo’s. One of them is our in house camo painter Branden Burkhart, most of you know him as Shortbus here on the hide. He will continue to work in our finish department, but has also started his own custom refinish business on the side. There is also Greg Ballard, know as ARPredatorhunter here on the hide, both these guys do fantastic work. I will get both to post links to their web pages on this thread, and we will also have links on our web page once it gets updated here in the next few days. We intend to work very close with these guys. Once your stock is done, you will have the choice of us shipping direct to you or we will be more than happy to forward your stock to one of them.

Thank you very much,

Re: Manners - Changes to custom camos

That sounds like a great move!!!

Either way I still love the colors on the molded in stocks which give a shooter a great looking rifle stock!!

Just means more people will get their Manners stocks that much faster!!

Tom,

I saw recently that you have a provision on your website for a design-your-own 40/30/30 molded camo scheme; is there any way to change those ratios (say, 60/20/20)?

Just curious - thanks!

To get your Manners stocks DuraCoated or Cerakoted by myself in whatever custom pattern that you would like contact me. You can see examples of my work at the website listed below on the portfolio page

http://ontargetcustoms.net/Portfolio.htm

Tom first off, thank you very much for all the help and advice while I was setting up my shop.

ARP does great work, and i'm quite honored to have been mentioned in the same light as him. At this time, I do not have an FFL, so i'm unable to receive full firearms for coatings, so I have to refer all that work to ARP for finish.

For stocks, scopes, accessories and most anything else, visit our website at;

www.customguncoatings.com

I am in the process of acquiring more photos of my work floating around on the web to create my gallery page. Some of you know me from my thread while I was an intern for Todd;

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2935055&page=1

If there are any questions, feel free to PM, or email!

Branden

Short Bus good luck with your new venture. I know that if you continue to handle your customers and provide the quality work like you did me success will be a given. Look forward to seeing all of your great work.

Tom,
Thanks for the post. I'm very excited to see that you will offer a custom "create your own" color mix, even if it is a set ration. I've been waiting for this and hoping it would become a option.

As for the custom paint, you would be hard pressed to find someone better than ARP, not to mention he seems to be a very nice guy to deal with.

Good luck to all in 2012.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love It! Happy for all involved! </div></div>

yup..yup

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the post. I'm very excited to see that you will offer a custom "create your own" color mix, even if it is a set ration. I've been waiting for this and hoping it would become a option. </div></div>

I just placed an order via the online builder a few days ago. There is an option for a custom molded in colors. I chose 40% black 30% sand and 30% coyote tan. I have no idea what its going to look like, but I figured I could always paint it if it didnt look good.

I just received my T2 in straight old OD and think it looks great. The Manners product is so nice it looks great whatever direction the customer wants to go. I'm thinking about buying another T2...

For those who are thinking about the possibility of painting their stocks then it would be best to do that from the start or get a solid color instead of the molded in color option for the interim. That is a better surface for coating than the molded in surfaces. You can certainly coat either, but one is preferred over the other.