• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Manners F Class Stock

justshoot

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
Anyone have a new Manners MCS-FCLASS stock ? What is your opinion ? I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a new purchase of one.

Re: Manners F Class Stock

It looks purpose built for riding the bags in benchrest mode. Makes it an Open class stock in my book.

What class you running in?

Open - .284 Shehane with McMillan A5 - I had to make a 5" extension that attaches to the front lug so balance would be correct with 32" barrel.

There was one at the 1000yd match at Bayou Rifles in Houston today, first I've ever seen. Looked like an excellent stock. I have a PR&T low boy that I am very satisfied with; it also has a longer fore end to balance better with the longer barrels (though now I have to stretch slightly to reach the joystick of my Shadetree rest top, and have to get out of position to adjust the mariner wheel).

The stock you have from PR&T what is the overall length? My McMillan A5 is 38" overall with extension to fit the Farley II front rest.

i'd love a manners Fclass stock but alas, I have been using two of his T4 and the work fine for me from bipod or rest. I could be missing the point of this thread completely though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JustShoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The stock you have from PR&T what is the overall length? My McMillan A5 is 38" overall with extension to fit the Farley II front rest. </div></div>

Mine is a hair under 39" with a Tubb buttplate. I can <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">just</span></span> reach the joystick in my Shadetree rest top; if I want to adjust the rest fee or mariner wheel I have to get up out of position.

I will probably be in the market for a stock for an F-TR rifle this fall. At this point I'm fairly certain that I'm going to have my Varmint re-barreled and put a 30" Rock tube on it, at that point I'll need to put it into a stock.

The rifle I'm shooting now is in an A5. I'm positive that what ever I go with next time I'll have a real adjustable cheek and not a saddle. Whether it's an A5 or something else.

This is a old post I would like to bring back up and see if anyone any new input. I am looking at having a purpose built F-TR rifle made. I have looked at this stock online and I am fairly certain its not for me. However I would like to hear more about it and possibly see some pictures if you got them.

A lot has changed in 9 yrs.

Jade won the FCNC last fall shooting an MPA chassis. I’m shooting custom hardwood, Cerus is putting out really nice wood, Kelbly is making some of the best composite stocks, laminates have faded out(they are heavy), the McM XiT is popular( but heavy in my opinion), and PR&T isn’t in the stock business any more.

I don’t know of anyone using a Manners, doesn’t mean they’re, not I just don’t know.

Reactions: jdne5b