• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Manners info?

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
Anyone know if they make their "MCS-DBM MINI CHASSIS" for a Long action?

How do their stocks adjust? Screw wheel? Tools?

And last but not least I've heard the LOP can be set-up to be adjustable, anyone know if this is using a spacer system or something else?

Re: Manners info?

Why don't you just contact them?

The guys at Manners are really nice and helpful (I've been there twice).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know if they make their "MCS-DBM MINI CHASSIS" for a Long action?

And last but not least I've heard the LOP can be set-up to be adjustable, anyone know if this is using a spacer system or something else? </div></div>

Agreed on contacting them. Check their website quite a bit of info there.

Adjustable butt spacers are the LOP method they use standard. Cheekpiece adjustments use KMW Hardware and cheekpiece, Hex or Torx screw and it locks solid and won't come loose until you want/need it to.

All of that info is included on their website:

http://mannersstocks.com/

In short:

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">No...</span> Ooops. I hadn't see the LA mini-chassis before Tom's confirmed in his post. Sorry for any confusion.

They use Terry Cross's Adj Cheekpiece which adj with tools (but is tight as a drum when locked up)...

It depends, they offer some stocks with the Tubb Adj 4-way plate and others with a spacer system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know if they make their "MCS-DBM MINI CHASSIS" for a Long action?

And last but not least I've heard the LOP can be set-up to be adjustable, anyone know if this is using a spacer system or something else? </div></div>Yes we do make a long version of the mini chassis. On the adj cheek version stocks, they only come with the KMW hardware. No screw wheel, a side bolt. You will need a Allen head to adj. Most stocks have a lop of about 13 3/4 with a one inch decel, you can also order a adj spacer system or a tubb 4 way. Thank you

Yes they do make them. I have one for you to look at below. I love it. Thanks Tom.

288czt1.jpg

xbukw.jpg

15x1h1t.jpg

2qnpi5f.jpg

Damn- this only makes things more difficult now! AICS, HS or Manners- Three stocks to decide on.

Well, thank you all for answering the questions!

Any idea's what the original stock on my 700P would sell for? It's factory new.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn- this only makes things more difficult now! AICS, HS or Manners- Three stocks to decide on.

</div></div>Manners, by a mile.

The fellows at Manners are the best to deal with. Very personable, and easy to talk to!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn- this only makes things more difficult now! AICS, HS or Manners- Three stocks to decide on.

Well, thank you all for answering the questions!

Any idea's what the original stock on my 700P would sell for? It's factory new.</div></div>

I had an AICS. It was a nice stock, but it was a little heavier and a little too squared on the foreend, for me. I like my A5 better. I would suggest getting a feel for fit on any of them you're thinking about. Looks are nice, but it's irrelevant if you're not comfortable behind it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give Tom a holler... Very Good people </div></div>

I hear the painters are the bom-digity.
blush.gif

Branden

Firefighter, I think it is steps above the A5. Personal choice of course. I went with the T5 because the thumbhole feel really good in the hand. Very comfortable. You dont have to figure out where to put this finger or that thumb. Everything is natural in my opinion. Manners is also good to go with top notch service. Thats why I have another one on order. Should be here soon.

jake your list says badger dbm, did you change ut the bottom metal or is the rifle in the pic an old one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

288czt1.jpg

xbukw.jpg

15x1h1t.jpg

2qnpi5f.jpg
</div></div>
Sorry for the hijack, but where did you get that paint job done? Did that come from Manners or is it aftermarket paint?

I'm guessing that it came from Manner's that way- GAP camo. Search user name 30calsniper here on the 'hide and you'll see more of his work.

Those pictures are great! I like the stock! Unfortunately, I just added it up and to get it set-up with the chassis and all that would be a good bit more than the AICS!

That damn AICS is just a hard deal to beat. I'd much rather run that T-5A but I can't see spending around $1300 on a stock set-up for a rifle I bought for $630!

Thanks for the info everyone!