• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners LRH Discussion

smacha538

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2014
Sugar Land, Tx.
Anyone out there with the new LRH that would like to share their thoughts on the stock? More specifically the new m5 mini chassis set up and spacer style adjustable cheek piece.

Done a lot of searching, and can’t quite find a lot of first hand experience with the m5 mini chassis. I’m come from using the Gen 1 and 2 chassis. Love it, rock solid system.

Last edited:
Anyone out there with the new LRH that would like to share their thoughts on the stock? More specifically the new m5 mini chassis set up and spacer style adjustable cheek piece.

Done a lot of searching, and can’t quite find a lot first hand experience with the m5 mini chassis. I’m come from using the Gen 1 and 2 chassis. Love it, rock solid system.
I’ll be following this thread to see if anyone chimes in. I’m definitely interested in one of these as well.

Reactions: smacha538
I cant speak for the new mini chassis but I've got the newest cz457 vpt and the stock has the same spacer style adjustable comb as the LRH does. I think it's brilliant. Saves a ton of weight over traditional adjustable comb systems and doesnt look like an afterthought like some of their previous lighweight designs.

I have one, not the mini chassis, but I do like the LRH alot. Very comfortable to shoot off the tripod. The mini chassis sounds nice but I added a short arca plate to my EH1A that's a mini chassis. I shoot them both side by side without any issue or accuracy issues.

Manners just shipped my LRH, it'll be a bit before I can answer. I got the mini chassis and will probably do a Hawkins AICS bottom metal and run a flush fit mag or PMAG for hunting.

Reactions: Balor
Mine shipped yesterday and should have it tomorrow. I got it with mini chassis and I have OTM bottom metal on the way. I almost wish I had gone with the Hawkins hunter.

Mine shipped yesterday and should have it tomorrow. I got it with mini chassis and I have OTM bottom metal on the way. I almost wish I had gone with the Hawkins hunter.
Honestly that’s my biggest concern is the dbm situation. My concern is how solid of a fit and lock up it is since its not integrated like the Gen one and two, and the inlet is needs to fit multiple manufactures.

Reactions: jmw
I have multiple LRH with the M5 mini chassis. This is just a chassis that accepts m5 bottom metals. It is solid and fit is perfect on my examples. I use the Hawkins hunter m5 and it fits like a glove. I will continue to use these for every new hunting gun. My most accurate hunting rifle sits in one of these stocks. No reservations whatsoever on the examples I have.

I have multiple LRH with the M5 mini chassis. This is just a chassis that accepts m5 bottom metals. It is solid and fit is perfect on my examples. I use the Hawkins hunter m5 and it fits like a glove. I will continue to use these for every new hunting gun. My most accurate hunting rifle sits in one of these stocks. No reservations whatsoever on the examples I have.
Have you tried the APA RTG bottom metal? I like the protected mag release of the Hawkins Hunter and the APA, with the APA leaning a little more towards bench use with the protected paddle style lever. Otherwise Hawkins is my top pick to drop in my LRH for a hunting rifle.

Reactions: RobertB
Have you tried the APA RTG bottom metal? I like the protected mag release of the Hawkins Hunter and the APA, with the APA leaning a little more towards bench use with the protected paddle style lever. Otherwise Hawkins is my top pick to drop in my LRH for a hunting rifle.
I have not. I have only used the Hawkins hunter on these so far.

My stock showed up today, looks very nice, feels very light in hand. Otm bottom metal will be here Friday and I will report back on the fit.

Reactions: UpSideDown
I have had one for a few months. For NRL hunter.

Its an awesome stock. I love it on my PRS/NRL22 vudoo as well, as its about 8 lbs lighter than a TCS.

Get the OTM bottom metal, its the nicest on the market. I run hawkins but will replace with OTM when i get some more cash.

Its an ultralight stock. The micro chassis is awesome, I like it more than the normal mini chassis, much more flexible.

What do you want to do with it? The cheekpiece works but is a pain to uninstall and reinstall.

Reactions: Mumzergadol
Good to know about the otm metal, I’ve only seems some pics of it and thought I would try it. The stock is for a hunting rifle.

The OTM looks awesome but I like the thought of running flush mags for hunting, and having a protected mag latch. I do wish the baseplate of the Hawkins hunter magazines was plastic, I don't want to be holding the aluminum baseplate of the magazine. I also want to find an ARCA plate cover that will protect my hand from the aluminum when I carry it.

Reactions: carbonbased
FBD8CC81-76C4-407A-9515-92B719357424.jpeg
Received a manners LRH today.

Mini chassis
Hawkins M5 dbm
Big Horn Origin SA
20” Proof 6.5 CM

8 lbs as shown

So far fit and finish is impressive.

Last edited:
Yes

I had a swamp on order, but when they listed a bunch for sale under the “ready to ship”.

I jumped on this one and then cancelled my order.

They had about 15 stocks that sold within 2-3 days.
I have one on order. There wasn’t a sample of the color so I’m glad I got to see it.

No, this rail is actually for a Foundation stock.

I had to modify it to fit, also drill holes in the stock. It has 6 bolts that attach it to the forend.

Fits around the DBM like the Arca rail that comes with it.

Adds less than a pound to the overall weight, but worth it in my opinion.

Can anyone confirm that the long action mini chassis version will accept CIP length bottom metal.

The long action mini chassis will accept M5 pattern DBM. My understanding is the external dimensions of the bottom metal do not change with CIP length vs standard. Jut the internal dimensions.

I have an LRH with an M5 chassis that fits the hawkins M5 LA hunter just fine.

Where does the balance point of your rifles land, and what bottom metal/magazines are you guys using? I'd like to run a standard bottom metal like a Hawkins AICS or OTG if the balance point is forward of the magwell. If the balance point is under the magwell I want to know if I need a Hawkins flush fit hunter mag and the hunter bottom metal.

The OTM bottom metal looks great. Accurate 300wsm mag goes in and out perfectly and doesn’t rattle when installed. It fits the inlet perfectly. Barrel goes to LRI on Monday, 25 inch bartlien carbon fiber. Will weigh the whole rifle with and without optic once the barrel is chambered and installed.
910365AA-C942-4B12-BEC9-F734AC3287AA.jpeg
70707B9B-CCBD-43DC-8558-8229CB780A9F.jpeg

Where does the balance point of your rifles land, and what bottom metal/magazines are you guys using? I'd like to run a standard bottom metal like a Hawkins AICS or OTG if the balance point is forward of the magwell. If the balance point is under the magwell I want to know if I need a Hawkins flush fit hunter mag and the hunter bottom metal.
In my opinion it depends on how you prefer to carry the rifle.

The Hunter mag will feel more comfortable carrying in hand.

The balance point of my rifle is just forward of the mag well.

Manners has a lot of lrh stocks on their ready to ship. Including some LA mini chassis. Just snagged one for a 300 win mag build

Having not owned or messed with manners much of any, I thought the mini chassis had the bottom metal and all with it. Can somebody please explain?

The mini chassis that Manners uses in the LRH is unique to the hunting series I believe. I only acts as the bedding region for the action, it does not contain the bottom metal portion. You will need your own bottom metal.

The cutout is for the Badger M5 geometry, so any M5 bottom metal will work.

So manners has a few ready. They all say “proof Sendero”. How thick is that? Will they take a heavy palma?

For those of you that have them, would they work for a crossover? Like prs/hunting/target?

Last edited:
Look at Proof's website, it is specifically their carbon sendero profile. I think a heavy palma will fit but you want to verify that with their dimensions. Open up any of their prefit pages and they'll have barrel options with that profile; click the profile and it gives the dimensions.

I'm using my LRH as a crossover with a definite hunting lean. .223Rem and 300WSM in heavy sporter profiles.

Look at Proof's website, it is specifically their carbon sendero profile. I think a heavy palma will fit but you want to verify that with their dimensions. Open up any of their prefit pages and they'll have barrel options with that profile; click the profile and it gives the dimensions.

I'm using my LRH as a crossover with a definite hunting lean. .223Rem and 300WSM in heavy sporter profiles.

So will these have to be pillar bedded? Will any m5 metal fit? Like a Hawkins?

Reactions: Black Bart
So will these have to be pillar bedded? Will any m5 metal fit? Like a Hawkins?
Yes if they don’t have the mini chassis, no you don’t have to do any bedding if they do have the mini chassis because the bottom metal and action will sandwich it directly. Yes any M5 including any Hawkins M5 metal like the M5 hunter, M5 Oberndorf, etc.

Reactions: RobertB

Yeah it says 1.063” @5”. My heavy palma is 1.163”.

I think some of the LRH available right now at the manners store have some kind of DBM since they’re 200$ more expensive than the others.

With the mini chassis they are in the $1100 range. Mine is fully bedded with pillars, no mini.

With the mini chassis they are in the $1100 range. Mine is fully bedded with pillars, no mini.
Oh I see. It’s mini chassis without bottom metal vs just M5 cutout
Oh well I already have a Hawkins hunter on my Foundation so I’ll take it and put one of the OTM on the foundation

Any chance anyone can provide the weight of the LRH (Rem 700 short, proof sendero/sendero light contour, m5 inlet) with the mini chassis, and one of the same spec without? Manners has both listed at 1.95 pounds on the ready to ship stuff. I am still debating between getting an LRH with the mini chassis or ordering either an adjustable hunter or chalk branch from AG for a 7SAW build (hunting rifle, potential NRL hunter). Just curious if the LRH with the mini chassis is actually under 32 ounces, or if it is closer to the 40 ounces AG lists.

I measured mine at 2lb 2 oz. So 34oz, which seems right for the tiny amount of material in that mini chassis.

I just put my rifle together and I have to say, that carbon stock is surprisingly loud. It transmits *all* the noise. It also needs a little relief to run the Zermatt large/tactical bolt knob. It just barely touches. I may swap bolt knobs and see if it clears but I'm liking the large knob more than I thought I would.

Reactions: Balor
I measured mine at 2lb 2 oz. So 34oz, which seems right for the tiny amount of material in that mini chassis.

I just put my rifle together and I have to say, that carbon stock is surprisingly loud. It transmits *all* the noise. It also needs a little relief to run the Zermatt large/tactical bolt knob. It just barely touches. I may swap bolt knobs and see if it clears but I'm liking the large knob more than I thought I would.
My manners ultra classic is also “loud” when I run the bolt on my defiance anTI.
I was hoping that the LRH would sound less “hollow”. Guess I’ll find out in a few months.

Thats really not too heavy with the mini chassis. Unfortunate to hear about the "loud" factor. Almost turns me off for a hunting rifle. Granted, I am also not the most light under foot individual lol. Going to see if anyone happens to have an AG they want to move and see if i end up caving for a LRH. We shall see.

For what it’s worth I have a buddies EH1 sitting in my safe with my two LRH. The EH1 is every bit as “loud” as the LRH. So nothing new there as the EH1 has been around for a while.

I’ve noticed they quiet down once you mount the scope. And not overly loud for a 2lb stock with as many features as the LRH has.

Reactions: Balor and st1650
A big selling point for me was the arca rail and the cheek piece. And the thumb shelf is nice. The EH1 is solid as well but the LRH was thought out well.

Ended up shooting a deer this year in CO with the arca mounted into an elevated tripod cross canyon. The arca allows me to run my spotter, binos, and gun all off the same attachment (vs switching to a hogg saddle or something similar). So to me, it’s worth it but just my two cents!

I ended up selling my tripod at the beginning of the year. I hunt mostly grasslands in Nebraska and Wyoming and just didn’t find myself using it as often. I’m much more comfortable in a supported sit or prone, but that may change in the future.

Reactions: mtnhunter22