• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners made me glad(guaging interest for MPR 64 stocks)

komishe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2012
California , Wheeeeee!
It's a pretty sweet world we live in where Tom Manners himself is communicating with his customers on this very website:D

Judging from Orkan's post, there's a lot of interest in a Manners stock for the Anshutz MPR 64. I don't even own a 64 yet, but I WILL have one. I've been lusting for one after using my buddies 1903 earlier this year. I do own a couple of Manners stocks and would buy the cart before the horse in this case.

Who out there wants a Manners for their 64 and which one would you want? I imagine there must be enough people out there ready to buy one that would make it worth Tom's time....

Count me in! EH1, T1, T2, or T4. Any of those would be great. Anything to get rid of that damned wood stock. I love my MPR but will use the stock for kindling this winter if I can get a Manners. Lots of MPR shooters at our monthly TSC matches that would like to see this happen. What can I do to help make this happen??

SR

One word lefty....I've been to the old and new shop....Tom, let me know when I can drop a check off.

Yes... I will buy one.

T4 ...or... T4A for me. The Lighter the better!!!

I sent Manners an e-mail about a stock for the 64-MPR a few years ago. I was surprised to get a reply directly from Tom. At the time he said he was open to the idea and would just need a donor action to write the code to do the inletting. I would want a different trigger guard than the one that comes with the original stock too.

Count me in if it is the model I want.

Nerd

Last edited:
Nerd,

I wonder if he still just needs an action.....

Guys,
Tom pops in here from time to time talk to his customer base. I would think we would just need enough people to agree to purchase a specific model to make it profitable for him. I'm just speculating here. I don't want to bother him. I just wanted to see how many of you that want one are out there...........

Hopefully he's too busy right now helping Orkan with his MCS-TA CZ/Sako project. http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-rimfire-section/209029-manners-made-me-sad.html

I'd take a T2 or T4 to match my centerfire.

I did send Tom a PM inquiring on this subject on September 9th, but recieved no response.

Last edited:
Count me in! EH1, T1, T2, or T4. Any of those would be great. Anything to get rid of that damned wood stock. I love my MPR but will use the stock for kindling this winter if I can get a Manners. Lots of MPR shooters at our monthly TSC matches that would like to see this happen. What can I do to help make this happen??

SR

yep i'am in ,like SR love my 64, hate the stock.
hey apacpe i will bring the hotdogs if tom offers us a manners.

I love my MPR but will use the stock for kindling this winter if I can get a Manners. Lots of MPR shooters at our monthly TSC matches that would like to see this happen. What can I do to help make this happen??

Kindling:D

Just making an assumption from Orkan's thread here.... It looks like around 30 people are needed to settle on one specific stock, so no single person,Tom included, has to go too deep into pocket to get the ball rolling.
I'd like to see a bit more interest here before approaching him. During my stint in retail, it really sucked to get something everyone absolutely needed, only to get it in stock and find out that most only "want" the item but cannot afford it. It really sucks to have a bunch of time and money wrapped up in a slow seller.......

It seems the majority here would go for a T2. I'd like to see a T2A. T2A is 3.9 lbs. And the T2 is 2.6 lbs

Again, this is all just speculation on my part thus far. I'm sure assumptions and speculations have worked as good for you all as they do for me;)

Bunsen, I cringe at the thought of how many messages Tom has to go through here.....

How about for a 54 repeater? T4a preferably. If not, I could pick up a donor 64. Can't have enough rimfires...

I'd be in for T4A or T5A without any question (deposit ready). For another design would have to see

Does this actually have a chance of happening or just a pipe dream? Has anyone been contacted by Manners?

Does this actually have a chance of happening or just a pipe dream? Has anyone been contacted by Manners?

Just pipe dreaming so far......... I gave my local FFL a shot at sourcing me a MPR 64 a couple weeks ago, but as usual, he failed:confused:( I don't know why he can't find the same stuff I can on gunbroker at LEAST grrrrr)
I think I'll give champ's choice a call this week and get one headed my way.

Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't want to bother Tom. I kinda figured he might chime in here some time.

Sorry for my lack of responses on this thread. I thought it died :eek:

Could you simply work a deal with Tom to start a "Annie Stock Fund" to hold cash until the "X" amount needed is accumulated?

Then the guys who want one will get one first come first serve once the quota is met.

Tom then isn't left waiting...and its surely not too difficult to get 30 orders within a 6 month time frame if you advertise on RFC, and the other usual forums.

Just thinking out loud here.....

Good thinking

I gave them a call quite a while back and was told to just buy a blank stock and have it milled out.
I didn't like the idea of shelling out $700 for the stock and $x amount for shipping back and forth and all the work.... I didn't talk to the Boss about the amount he would need to make it an in-house project.

Just called again but got the voice mail of someone who may have been able to address this. Sent an Email as well.
Didn't get an Email response last go round. Fingers X-ed.

I still hate my MPR stock.

Email won't get through. Their Email don't like my Email for some reason.........I keep getting some message delivery failure jibber jabber:mad:

Last edited:
"I gave them a call quite a while back and was told to just buy a blank stock and have it milled out."

Oh that it were so simple. If it was that simple they would be doing it. There is quite a bit of trouble you will run into when you try just milling one out. There will be particular trouble with the tang and the trigger assembly and teh depth of the stock. Getting those three things to"come together" is the trick. A close friend with an awful lot of gun building experience who well knows his way around a mill has studied it from every angle. It is a chore that will likely lead to a well boogered $700 stock. I do hope someone figures it out, but it ain't likely.

"I gave them a call quite a while back and was told to just buy a blank stock and have it milled out."

Oh that it were so simple. If it was that simple they would be doing it. There is quite a bit of trouble you will run into when you try just milling one out. There will be particular trouble with the tang and the trigger assembly and teh depth of the stock. Getting those three things to"come together" is the trick. A close friend with an awful lot of gun building experience who well knows his way around a mill has studied it from every angle. It is a chore that will likely lead to a well boogered $700 stock. I do hope someone figures it out, but it ain't likely.

yep same thing he told me,
an when he speaks i learn,
we have all want a manners for some time now,
but at last my dreams are fading.
if it is offered by TOM sure we could come up with say 10 shooters that would jump in

I had a conversation with Tom Manners about a T4 or T2 inlet for a 64MPR last Fall. He is aware of the interest here on the Hide, but has too many irons in the fire already. Perhaps someday. Chicken, if Steve says it will be a bitch to get a blank and mill it correctly, then it most certainly will be and then some!

My problem is that our mutual friend orchestrated a true masterpiece of bedding on my MPR 64; that there is no way I would want to change it.

It is a masterpiece! And it did solve the moody wooden stock issue that some MPR's have. It made it a consistent absolute hammer! I have some regret that I sold it. Because he took a lot of time to do it for me. One of the prettiest wood stock bedding jobs I've ever seen. I think he made some pictures of it during different steps. If you seen them you would certainly have a better appreciation for the job and the pitfalls of doing it. It is not a plain old bedding job. We called it the "monolithic slab"

It is a masterpiece! And it did solve the moody wooden stock issue that some MPR's have. It made it a consistent absolute hammer! I have some regret that I sold it. Because he took a lot of time to do it for me. One of the prettiest wood stock bedding jobs I've ever seen. I think he made some pictures of it during different steps. If you seen them you would certainly have a better appreciation for the job and the pitfalls of doing it. It is not a plain old bedding job. We called it the "monolithic slab"

all his work is golden
that why he does all my work now::::
but alot of us would love to have a manners, for our MPR
an yes he will do the bedding

Well I've been in contact with Matt over at Manners this week.
I approached him with the idea that surely there must be a magic number of pre-ordered stocks that would make it worth Tom's while.
I figured we easily have 20 folks here ready for a group buy and it wouldn't be a big stretch to round up at least ten more.
Matt seemed to think it could be possible but needed to confirm with the boss man.

He was waiting to talk to Tom about it yesterday and was supposed to get back to me but I haven't got a reply so far.

My hopes are fading as well but maybe, just maybe, the squeaky wheel will get some grease..........

Are there ANY other options out there to upgrade the 64's stock? I did see that the McMillain BR50 could be a possibility but it's not really my cup of tea.

I wish I had better news guys. Sorry I started this mess:(

Hey guys,
Apologies for the poor updating on this thread. communication with Manners has been a little spotty.

I just got off the phone with Matt @ Manners and as of last week, Tom was at least THINKING about it. It sounds like they've been pretty darn busy over there lately but at least there's a glimmer of hope yet. Matt has me on his dry erase board as a possible project and that's where it stands until the boss decides.

I'll keep trying til I get a yay or nay.

Drumie, I pretty much fucking hate you:D

Wheres the love Komishe. LOL. Here is another pic with it next to my 22lr MPR that I put in a AI airsoft stock. The one in the Manners stock is a 17HMR.

BM11 Which 54 repeater did you find? If it was the Match 54R with the blue stock would you be up for selling the stock?