• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners, McMillan, or AICS?

komifornian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2011
Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
I'm trying to decide which stock I should go with. The AICS 2.0, the McMillan A5 or the Manners T4A. Any pros or cons to any of the these choices that I should be aware of?

Thanks for your help

Re: Manners, McMillan, or AICS?

I'd also add Mcrees to your list of choices.

Mcrees has an awesome deal going on right now on their chassis +mag for $745 shipped, well worth considering IMO.

All are great stocks. The best suggestion you will get is to try to find someone local to you that has any of the listed stocks and try them out first hand. I was all set on a McMillan until I handled one next to a T4A. The Manners just felt and fit me better. YMMV.

Manners... hands down!! Customer service and products, both are outstanding!!

DK

Maelstrom hit the nail on the head. All are great stocks, I have handled an AICS and own a McMillan A5 and a Manners T4-A. Love them both. If you can get behind each you will probably realize which one will work best for your application.

Can't really go wrong with either one.

PS..The AICS already has a DBM built in, so it's one less item to purchase if you want to run AICS mags.

like others get behind all if you can and see what works for you.

that said manners has AWESOME CS!

i love both of my manners T4's

I like the fact that the ACIS comes with the bottom metal. I also like it because (from what I understand) you don't need to bed the action since is a "V" aluminum block.
However, I don't really like the way the ACIS looks...hmmm

I handled a a5 and a t4 before i took the plunge. I went with the t4a and I can not be happier. I also understand the AICS is heavy.

I like the AICS for prone or bench. But if your going to compete where you will carry (or run) with the rifle, you might want the Manners or McMillan.

I am a manners customer for two reasons, 1. I love the T5 and 2. Customer service.

However, I do wish I could get 3 color Gap molded in with a Manners T5.

Honestly, I like the Manners stock the best. However, I've heard that it take FOREVER to get what you want. The good thing about the ACIS is that you order it from any dealer that has one in stock and you're done.

If I could get a T4 with the mini chasis in 3-4 weeks I'd buy it today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If I could get a T4 with the mini chasis in 3-4 weeks I'd buy it today. </div></div>

Pm'd with info.

I haven't shot any of these stocks besides the AICS and that was very briefly. It was a nice stock. But I ordered a manners t4a for my savage at the end of august 2011 and I just paid for it today, should be here pretty soon. Its been a heck of a wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smrkovsky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

PS..The AICS already has a DBM built in, so it's one less item to purchase if you want to run AICS mags.</div></div>

So will any Manners if you order it with their Mini Chassis. Love my Manners T3 stocks.

I have owned and shot all of these. I still have the Manners and the McMillan stocks. Nothing wrong with the AICS, in fact I really liked the ergonomics of it. However, it just was not as comfortable under recoil. There seemed to be more recoil impulse with it than the fiberglass stocks. Between the Manners and McMillan, I lean towards Manners, only because I have had some outstanding customer service and personal attention from them.

I have had a McMillan, but now have 4 Manners, 2 T2a's and 2 T4a's. I have two more on order, they are all I own. Great products, great customer service and a local company to boot.

Bill

I'm in the market for a stock as well and have seen people mention that the Manners adjustable cheek pieces are sturdier than McMillans.

Is this true? What is the difference? Is the McMillan weak or is the Manners overly strong?

Havent had any of the others but more than happy with my manners T3 and T5 only thing I would do different ordering another T5 is going with the adjustable version.

I was wondering this same thing a few months ago... At a gun show I was able to get my hands on an AICS 1.0 and didnt care so much for the weight since I wanted to be able to deer hunt with my rifle. 2 weeks ago I placed my order with Manners for a T4A and had a great rep on the phone to answer all the questions I had. Now I just have to play the waiting game.

Manners. I have two t4's with the mini chassis and love them. The only thing is I which I would have got the adjustable versions.

I have a Mcree, several Manners and several McMillan's. I like Manners the best. Never gotten behind a AICS, they look nice but I doubt I would like the feel.

If you have big hands, don't go with the AICS. Manners fit me much better.

I've owned an example of each stock and you really need to handle them and shoot with them to decide as others have stated. Currently I only own Manners and McMillan. The major differences to me between the Manners and McMillan are the size of the palm swells. The AICS was nice but I couldn't get used to the more upright hand position. Both Manners and McMillan have very good customer service. I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor. I don't think there's a bad choice out of the three you've selected.

I like manners, their CS is unreal.