• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners MCS-GAT or MCS-T5 stocks

338LM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2003
STL Missouri
Who owns or has had a Manners MCS-GAT or the new MCS-T5 stock.
Looking for a thumbhole stock that has a fully ambidextrous grip for a left hand build.
I checked out a guys right hand MCS-GAT a couple years ago and it felt quite comfortable.
Any issues trying to get a good sight picture through the scope without an adjustable cheekrest?
Any likes/dislikes about either of these stocks?

Re: Manners MCS-GAT or MCS-T5 stocks

I looked at the GAT before I got my T5-A. Major difference; varmint width forend is fantastic, thumbhole on the T5-A is more comfortable, but I shoot right handed and it has a great thumb rest. I have been shooting thumbhole stocks for years and find them very comfortable to shoot. My scope is in medium rings and I have not needed additional height yet. Great stock.

It all depends on what you are looking for. I realy like the GAT. I have used it on hunting rifles for years now. It is as easy to shoot as the AICS. Doesnt matter if you are out of possition or are putting some heavy influence to the stock. It still hits where you want it to. I havent used it in tactical matches for the simple fact I usually just throw whatever I have around the shop into an AICS and go. If you are not looking for the tacticool look I believe it does everything you need without any extra. The T5 does have the wider forend, but me personally think it gets in the way more than helps. It all depends on shooting style/prefrence. I will be building on them in the future for myself and tend to sing their praises. Most just like the look of other stocks. Either one of them you are going to be happy with. Manners is the best stock out. I believe if he did Gelcoat he would give Mcmillan a scare.

Jason

There is no doubt if Manners did gelcoat they would do more than give McMillan a scare.

MCS-T5A
DSC_0008.jpg

BigDaddy280AI,
I like your T5A and the camo job. Looks real good.

Here's my T5/A. I have the RH stock inletted for a LH action on Tom's advice that the thumb relief in the RH version actually works well for lefty shooters. After 270 rounds I'm pretty much in agreement.

The barreled action is getting coated after this weekend, I'm still doing some load development.

P6066904.JPG

I can only speak to what I have used, but the MCS-GAT is a great stock. With a Templar action, Eagle stock pack, low rings and a NF NXS, it offers the best cheek weld for me of anythign in my safe. The feel is comfortable and very natural.

The T5 took all the good things that the GAT had to offer and made them better.

I like thumbhole stocks, and have shot AICS' for a while now, and recently decided against an AICS for my new 6mm in lieu of the T5.