• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners MCS-GAT

Skelo10

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
I have always shot factory stocks but I am considering my first custom stock. What are the advantages of a custom stock and what do you think about the Manners MCS-GAT?

Re: Manners MCS-GAT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skelo10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have always shot factory stocks but I am considering my first custom stock. What are the advantages of a custom stock and what do you think about the Manners MCS-GAT? </div></div>
Advantages over the factory stock really depend on what stock you're comparing it to. They are worlds better than the flimsy plastic stocks. Wood will swell with humidity... Rigidity and repeat-ability are the main advantages.
I love my GAT. It is extremely lightweight with the carbon shell. I wish I had the ambidextrous version instead of the r hand one. that is my only complaint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Advantages over the factory stock really depend on what stock you're comparing it to. They are worlds better than the flimsy plastic stocks. Wood will swell with humidity... Rigidity and repeat-ability are the main advantages.
I love my GAT. It is extremely lightweight with the carbon shell. I wish I had the ambidextrous version instead of the r hand one. that is my only complaint.
</div></div>

Good point on stock quality. The stocks I have used is HS precision on Rem 700 LTR rifles

I have a T4, T2a, and a GAT. The GAT is my favorite of the 3. However, if I were you I would take a hard look at the T5a.

what is the difference between a t5a and the gat. from just looking i can't tell much of a difference, can you please enlighten me a little.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirtdigger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the difference between a t5a and the gat. from just looking i can't tell much of a difference, can you please enlighten me a little. </div></div>

On a T5 the foreend is thicker and the grip is bigger.