• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Manners Mini Chassis and Trigger Fit

GLB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2011
Alaska
I have a Manners T3 with Chassis for a 700 SA. I want to replace my trigger with a Timney or Huber. I understand that the chassis may have to be modified for the Timney,if so in what way and does that apply to the Huber?

Thanks

Re: Manners Mini Chassis and Trigger Fit

Reach out to Manners. I had a similar problem with a Timney in a Mini-chassis and they took care of it. Out and back in no time. Great customer service.

Thanks, I may contact them but shipping it out will be a pain this time of year not to mention I live in Alaska. I may get the Huber if it does not require chassis modification. ??

Get a Jewell, mine required zero modification

I ran mine with a Timney and there was no issue. When I originally asked Manners about it they advised me they are all inlet to accept the Timney and Jewell triggers.

Manners recently began inletting their chassis for the Timneys from the factory but their older chassis will require modification. You can ship it to em or fit it yourself. I chose the latter and it took some work but it finally bolted up. If you like the Timney and you're competent with a dremel you can fit it yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigsauerP229</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ran mine with a Timney and there was no issue. When I originally asked Manners about it they advised me they are all inlet to accept the Timney and Jewell triggers. </div></div>

Was that recently?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Manners T3 with Chassis for a 700 SA. I want to replace my trigger with a Timney or Huber. I understand that the chassis may have to be modified for the Timney,if so in what way and does that apply to the Huber?

Thanks</div></div>

If you want to go the DIY way, get yourself a dremel with a carbide bit; regular bits are too weak for the bedding block. You'll need to relieve a small portion of the forward area of the trigger in vicinity of the nut. I think that the sides need to be filed down just a hair. When you fit the trigger in the mini chassis, and especially if you torque the action screws down, you can see the contact points the trigger assembly makes in the bedding block. Just be sure to go slow. You can always take out more but you can't undo what you mill out. It's not a hard mod to make.

I got my stock from Stockystocks about 2 months ago, not sure if it has the factory Mods or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my stock from Stockystocks about 2 months ago, not sure if it has the factory Mods or not. </div></div>

I just installed a Timney #510 with a Manners stock of approximately the same vintage. If there is any area of concern, it's probably at the top of the trigger shoe - the stock is just barely wide enough for the trigger in this spot, and any misalignment will cause the trigger to rub. I decided to modify the cheaper of the two parts, and did a bit of grinding on the trigger. Regardless of which part is tweaked, it's only 10-15 minutes or so of work.

How does the Timney and Huber compare in size? I have been undecided between the two.

I just put a rifled action in a T5A with mini chassis which I also ordered from stockys a month ago. Barreled action with Timney dropped right in. I agree if does not fit send it back thay have great customer service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigsauerP229</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ran mine with a Timney and there was no issue. When I originally asked Manners about it they advised me they are all inlet to accept the Timney and Jewell triggers. </div></div>

Was that recently? </div></div>

I'd have to say it was about a year ago that I got it.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigsauerP229</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ran mine with a Timney and there was no issue. When I originally asked Manners about it they advised me they are all inlet to accept the Timney and Jewell triggers. </div></div>

Was that recently?</div></div>

Tom made the switch 3 or 4 months back. It's probably easier in the long run to retool for a larger inlet than continue dedicating more man hours to retrofit em. Also less hassle for the end user so it's a no brainer.

That makes sense as my mini-chassis is about a year old. I imagine Manners squared it away by now.

I purchased a T4A last night from Stockys and I have heard mixed things regarding the new mini chassis coming with the Timney inlet. I contacted Stockys first and they stated they have not heard that they are now coming with the inlet. I just called Manners and they also stated that the stock would have to be sent in for the inlet...

I'm confused how some are dropping right in and others are having to be sent in, if the inlet is not being done in all now?

Maybe Tom can clear this up...

I purchased a T4A last night from Stockys and I have heard mixed things regarding the new mini chassis coming with the Timney inlet. I contacted Stockys first and they stated they have not heard that they are now coming with the inlet. I just called Manners and they also stated that the stock would have to be sent in for the inlet...

I'm confused how some are dropping right in and others are having to be sent in, if the inlet is not being done in all now?

Maybe Tom can clear this up...

I know this is an old thread, but I too am curious about this. I plan on purchasing a timney 510 for a Manners T5A with mini chassis that was purchased at the beginning of April 2013 from stocky's. Can anyone chime in on this? Does my stock have the inlet for the wider timney trigger or will I have to got to work on it with a dremmel?

I know this is an old thread, but I too am curious about this. I plan on purchasing a timney 510 for a Manners T5A with mini chassis that was purchased at the beginning of April 2013 from stocky's. Can anyone chime in on this? Does my stock have the inlet for the wider timney trigger or will I have to got to work on it with a dremmel?

Only input I can add is that I ordered a T4A with a mini-chassis 4 months ago and in the comments I specifically put that I would be using a Timney trigger.

Manners' specifically put on the work ticket/receipt that I was using a Timney...which leads me to believe there is something extra that they do in house. Only Tom can clarify this at this point.

Follow up on this. I had to open up the trigger guard area a little for the Timney to fit. It was easy to do and works just fine.

Follow up on this. I had to open up the trigger guard area a little for the Timney to fit. It was easy to do and works just fine.

Tactical Hunter, when you say that you had to open up the trigger guard area, are you referring to the slot where the trigger comes out of, or all the way into the trigger inlet area where the trigger housing sits?

+1 on their customer service. I lost the actions screws and all it took was a quick email and a few days later I had two sets of screws. I'm sold.

Tactical Hunter, when you say that you had to open up the trigger guard area, are you referring to the slot where the trigger comes out of, or all the way into the trigger inlet area where the trigger housing sits?

Just where the the trigger comes out. The inletted area fit with no problem.

Only input I can add is that I ordered a T4A with a mini-chassis 4 months ago and in the comments I specifically put that I would be using a Timney trigger.

Manners' specifically put on the work ticket/receipt that I was using a Timney...which leads me to believe there is something extra that they do in house. Only Tom can clarify this at this point.

Same here. I mentioned my barrel contour and trigger and they set it up for my combo.

When you order from them, don't forget to tell them folks.

Thanks for all the input guys, I ended going with a rife basix lv1 and it fit perfectly without any modification to my manners t5a. Great trigger by the way.