• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners mini chassis VS KRG Whiskey 3?

sjbryan308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
Oxford, NC
I am having a 6.5 Creedmoor built on a 700 action and am really having trouble deciding between these two stocks. I would either get the T4 or the T2 in the manners, but have really been considering getting the whiskey 3. What do you think, any information/ response would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Manners mini chassis VS KRG Whiskey 3?

W3C, no brainer... a bit more money but well worth it. Check out 8541's review of the fixed version, hes coming out with a folder review as well. i opted for the Folder, Lightest r700 chassis to date with all the options you could possibly want. I really cant see a single thing about it I would change, except possibly a polymer forend (although KRG says that this would be very minimal weight savings over the aluminum.)

I have two Mcrees im switching over to the w3c.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...587#Post2977587

I was just asking myself this same question, choices choices

Interesting, I am torn by the same choice, too...

I just got a quote from Manners:
-T4A
-Mini Chassis & 2 WSM Mags
-EFR Rail
-Two Flush Cups & 3 sling studs
-Adjustable LOP
-Standard Finish
--Cost $1490

The Manners is what I thought I wanted, but now I am second-guessing it when looking at the W3 with all those features...
I really like the look and feel of a more traditional stock but I am having a hard time justifying the cost of the Manners.

Gonna take some time to consider.

I had the Mcree and really liked the value it gave but the ar grip style left a bit to be desired for me. I currently have a mcs-t5a and want to go wc3. The manners is going to cost more if you spec it with adjustable lop and cheek. It'll probably be close to 1150 or so while the wc3 is 900.

How in the hell are you having such a dilemma on choosing when you havent used or been behind either of them?? Your basing this decision strictly on looks and price? Your leaving out the most important factor.....how it fits you. This is the difference in the people that actually "use" their rifles and the people who just like to build a pretty/cool one and sit and look at it and take pics of it on their dinning room table.

Go to a range or a shoot that is in your area and ask some people to let you get behind their rifle and get a feel for it. You may find that you hate the chassis or you may find it to be a great fit.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but buying something like a stock/chassis on a blind guess just doesn't make much sense to me. I guess if you don't like it you can always sell it and start over.

Reactions: CarbonMTN

I don't know about the OP...but as for me I have shot many Manners stocks, including the T4A, and love the feel...as I stated. I have not shot the W3...but, with the amount of available adjustments and experience with other chassis I am sure I could get it to "Fit & Feel" right. Looks have nothing to do with it, for me.

As for "not trying to be a dick..." you sure did jump quickly to it by assuming that either I or the OP don't "use" our rifles...and have never shot either stock. Conclusions based on what? Neither of us posted anything that should have given you an impression either way. Maybe you're not trying to be a "dick"...but based on your post I sure can assume you are one.

Nail on the head trevor300wsm!!
There are great differences between the stocks he has on his list.
I am an AICS shooter for the most part. I wouldn't expect everyone to like them.
Recently, I have been trying a XLR chassis with a stock R700 5R and have to say I am really liking it. It has so much adjustment in it you can really make it feel lilke it was built just for you.
Now, to Manners. I just finished a 243 build with a Manners T5A and Mini Chassis. It has a quite different feel to it but I will say the MC is great. THe action really nestled into it very nicely and is shooting well without bedding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megahoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know about the OP...but as for me I have shot many Manners stocks, including the T4A, and love the feel...as I stated. I have not shot the W3...but, with the amount of available adjustments and experience with other chassis I am sure I could get it to "Fit & Feel" right. Looks have nothing to do with it, for me.

As for "not trying to be a dick..." you sure did jump quickly to it by assuming that either I or the OP don't "use" our rifles...and have never shot either stock. Conclusions based on what? Neither of us posted anything that should have given you an impression either way. Maybe you're not trying to be a "dick"...but based on your post I sure can assume you are one.

</div></div>

I'm sorry if I was too harsh for you on a Tuesday and hurt your poor lil feelings. Your right, I am dick and what i wanted to say was alot more "dickish" than what I did. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll bet if the truth was told, the OP has not been behind either of the two mentioned stocks/chassis. If he had been, he wouldn't be having a hard time choosing, he'd already know.

Reactions: CarbonMTN

Without being a dick.....what I'm saying is, if your going to spend $1000-$1500 on a stock/chassis, you owe it to yourself to atleast hold one and feel it. Shoot it if at all possible and on more than one occasion if you can.

I do hate Mondays...and today sure feels like one. But, my feelings weren't hurt. I was just pointing out you're doing a lot of assuming, and the condescending attitude is baseless.

As for the choice between the two...I have been behind the Manners and I am still undecided. I don't know anyone with a W3, or I already would have shot one. My dilemma has to do with the mini chassis... Since I am going that far and the price is now comparable to other full chassis systems, I am beginning to question whether that is the way to go. It may be the OP has come to the same conclusion, as well.

When you become a consumer of whiskey you shouldn't forget your manners.
laugh.gif

MegaHoser I am in basically the same boat you are. I own and have shot a T4a probably around 1000 rounds at this point. I really like this stock but like some have mentioned, the amount of features the Whiskey 3 offers at such a good price point has got me considering it for my next rifle. If there is anyone around Granville county NC with a whiskey 3 I could check out that would be great but until then I think the knowledge and experience of the many people on this forum is the next best thing.

Thanks to all that have provided good insight.

as the saying goes, " To Each His Own".

The hard part is actually finding someone with one you can easily try out. For some it's simply not practical. I know of a few guys with different things that will let me shoot them, but trying to balance multiple schedules, hoping Jim Bobs whatever is set up close enough to get an accurate feel for me to say if it fits me better....

It's an expensive gamble without that but it's what many are faced with.

Why do people assume there is someone across the street that owns all of the equipment you want to try out. Or they assume there is some kind of shooting comp going on every other weekend where you live.

Some of us do not live in or near a city, so the next best thing we can do is get advice from people on here. While just getting advice may be a poor way to choosing gear compared to actually putting your hand on it, that is all we got.

The closest city with anything larger than a convenience store is an hour and a half a way. As far as I know there is not really a range there that holds any competitions other than shotgun. In my town I only know one or two people that really shoot much and own anything other than your typical rifle (and I pretty much know everyone in town).

Every chance I get I put my hands on equipment. Like the other day I was in cabelas and the happen to have a used 300wsm with a AICS stock, so I picked up and checked it out but other than these rare occurrences I have very limited opportunities to handle equipment.

I have made many purchases from reading reviews and peoples opinions on here and it has worked very well. I do agree the best thing to do is try it out and see how it fits but sometimes that can't happen.

If some people have so much experience using different equipment why can they not share some kind of information that is helpful instead of running people down because they are not all knowing like them. Maybe they are illiterate or dumb and cannot express themselves other than thru insults.

I do not know a whole lot but if someone ask a question on here I either answer what I can or do not reply. Yes some people ask question that have been asked 500 times and have been answered extensively but either answer it again or don't reply if you don't have something to contribute. I don't know why people get off on telling other people off, it gives people in this community a bad image and turns people away.

I don't know why and can't figure out why some people choose to resurrect and reply to threads that are two years old or older(like this one, post #15). The simple answer to your question (briscoetab) and to my observation is it's the nature of the internet.

I don't know why and can't figure out why some people choose to resurrect and reply to threads that are two years old or older(like this one, post #15). The simple answer to your question (briscoetab) and to my observation is it's the nature of the internet.

I love dragging up old threads it reminds me of my wife hahaha.

Saw this though and had to weigh in. I initially bought the KRG never having handled it. For people that are concerned with comfort.... Everyone that I know say it is a lot more comfortable than it looks. For me, its the most comfortable chassis I have ever used and at the time of the release a few years ago I had used about all of them. If anyone wants to saddle up to one in south eastern WI I can help them out. I have a 1st gen and just got a Gen 4. It's hard to believe but the Gen 4 is even better.

I actually opted out of a DTA due to liking this chassis so much and the DTA is a wicked stick. Now I'm just starting a collection of KRG chassis guns instead. Haven't looked back for a minute.

I own 2 W3s and a manners. My next build will be in another W3. But that's just what fits my style better.

Good luck!

I have both. My manners t4a is my favorite stock ever. Fits me so well. The whiskey is very nice to be behind but I just feel more integrated behind the manners. It doesn't matter how adjustable it is.

I have both. My manners t4a is my favorite stock ever. Fits me so well. The whiskey is very nice to be behind but I just feel more integrated behind the manners. It doesn't matter how adjustable it is.

I've got a Manners as well. They are also nice stocks. There is a major difference though with stocks vs. chassis. The Manners people are great people though just like the KRG gang. I honestly cant say which is more comfortable for me. But I do like the Sako style thumb shelves on the KRG better than the contours on the molded stocks. For me that single feature really helps me break a shot cleaner with more consistent rearward follow through. The New Gen 4 folding mech has shelves on both sides which is nice for weak side shooting if you ever had to make that shot.

Between a W3 and McMillan a5 adj, I kept the A5 (and my new .260 build is on a A5 as well). I prefer the traditional stocks. However, that's not to say the W3's aren't a nice option. They're extremely well built. So it really comes down to what you think you'll like.

You should try to get behind each before you spend money. Everyone has different opinions.

Oh the horror, I didn't pay close attention, on the internet at that! Kidding, at least somewhat.