• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners stock and Chassis question

enkry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2010
KY US
I'm still in the information gathering stage (and learning). At this point I'm considering getting a Remington 700 SPS Tactical and getting a Manners Mcs T5A stock for it. What does the MCS DMB Chassis do for me? Does it give me the ability to use removeable magazines? I thought that I would be able to do that with just the SPS action and the T5A stock?? If anyone can clear this up for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks,
Enkry

Re: Manners stock and Chassis question

You will have to buy a seperate set of bottom metal from a manufacturer (sucha as Badger, Seekins for 2)that will alow you to use dteachable mags. The Chassis will allow you to do this as well as give you a bedding block for your action.

The Manners chassis system as I understand it is a plug and play setup. Choose stock, add barreld action and go. If i'm not mistaken, doesn't the Chassis system come with a AI mag to begin with. While we have most of the answers for questions about Tom's stocks, He's here on the hide and will be more than happy to talk you blue in the face.

The Manners T5A has a bedding system right? So if the Manners T5 has a bedding system and allows me to use detachable magazines why would you buy the MCS DBM chassis? Am I missing something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enkry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Manners T5A has a bedding system right? So if the Manners T5 has a bedding system and allows me to use detachable magazines why would you buy the MCS DBM chassis? Am I missing something? </div></div>

Please read what others have posted, you are wrong, you cant just put a mag in the stock and have a detachable DBM. the stock doesnt have a bedding system, any stock can be bedded. you will have to buy a badger m5 or seekings DBM and have Manners inlet for that certain DBM, the DBM has a latch which allows to you properly seat mags, if you decide to go the Badger route and want the max accuracy you will need to have it glass or/and pillar bedded, but with the mini chassis you get the detachable bottom mag and a bedding block so no bedding is required.
Hope this is clear enough.

Savage110, I misread Flyboy's message. I think I got it now! Thanks!! Now i understand why the AICS costs as much as it does.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ruxeedo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will have to buy a seperate set of bottom metal from a manufacturer (sucha as Badger, Seekins for 2)that will alow you to use dteachable mags. The Chassis will allow you to do this as well as give you a bedding block for your action. </div></div>

What he said. The DBM Mini-Chassis is pretty much an advanced bottom metal. It allows you to have a ridged aluminum bedding block for your action, with detachable box magazine bottom metal built in. The advantages to this are that the mini-chassis costs about the same as Badger M5 bottom metal, but you get the added benefit of getting a aluminum bedding block in your fiberglass chassis.

I love my Manners MCST its great I have a McMillan and I know its good to go but the Manners is so much more comfortable for me and Tom Manners was great to deal with. I think It took about a month and a half to get it to me.

Price wise, I don't know of a better deal than a Manners T4A with the Chassis. Together they come to 975.

Now, a MCM A4 or A5 (just shy of 800), with Badger bottom metal (350), keep in mind it has to be bedded (150-200), comes to around 1275.

There is always AICS too, but thats a different stock all together.

If a Manners fits you and you like it, its hard to justify the wait and extra cost of a MCM.

I'm patiently waiting for the Manners M1A stock to come out....

I know a little about Manners, and I know even less about their new MCS-DBM.

Actually, I know only one thing about the MCS-DBM: I really want one! For those of us that the AICS isn't a perfect match, the MCS mini-chassis is the next best step in chassis design. I don't mind bedding my rifles, but I would prefer a chassis's flexibility on my backup rifle.

it sounds like a AICS 1.5 would get me what I want(nice bedding , thumbhole stock., detachable mag). I really like the manners but The AICS is a little bit cheaper.

If it fits you, Its a great stock. It will be alittle heavier i belive, but great stock either way.

God grief there's a lot of piss poor info in this thread.

First of all, if you have any questions whats so ever about Manners stocks, give Tom Manners a call. I did and he took the time to help me out and answer all of my questions.

As far as the stock, if you buy any Manners stock with the Mini-DBM Chassis (mini detachable box magazine chassis) he (Tom) will inlet the stock for you at the factory and install the Mini-DBM system. This will provide you with a 100% plug-n-play drop in stock system that requires no bedding, and gives you the ability to use AI AICS mags in 5 round and 10 round flavor. Also depending on the stock it weighs POUNDS less than the AICS which was the clincher for me.

To be honest I like the looks of the AICS best, but the weight savings of the Manners trumps the looks of the AICS.

pounds less! yeah thats a big deal!! thanks DecodeDiesel, unfortunely I think any piss poor info in this thread is probably a result of my piss poor questions due to a lack of knowledge. I appreciate everyone explaining to me the differences between DBMs, chassis and stocks.