• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing manners stock owners

M855

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2009
East TN
I just got my T4 and the inlet for the bottom metal is way off how much fitting did it take to get your metal to drop in

Re: manners stock owners

Way off? I would say if it has a bad inlet call Tom, usually they are right on. He will make it right for you.

Everybody and their dog seems to be gone to Shot Show right know though.

How much is "way off"?

I would first make sure that the bottom metal in-hand exactly matches the description of inlet on the build sheet.

Different aftermarket bottom metal sometimes have different dimensions even though they might be the same style, such as BDL.

I only have one Manners but it was on the money for the bottom metal I specified.

Just called everything is taken care of,great service

M855, Before stirring the pot take care of any issues personally. Alot of vendors on the Hide are Good People and will fix stuff fast.
My parents told me a long time ago you can catch more with Honey then with S**T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M855, Before stirring the pot take care of any issues personally. Alot of vendors on the Hide are Good People and will fix stuff fast.
My parents told me a long time ago you can catch more with Honey then with S**T
</div></div>

I don't think he was trying to stir anything, just asking a question vs bothering Tom. Anyway, glad it's worked out.

Same here, I have or had about 8 or 9 Manners stocks. All have been dead nuts on inlet.

Tom and crew are top notch folks to work with.

Just call Tom ...

I just had a little issue with one of the Manners I have. Talked to Todd and had the issue squared away ... then Tom called me back and wanted to make sure that they had the issue fixed.

Tops for customer service!

I don't think it was wrong for the OP to post the question. Everyone has errors, the measure of the man or the company is how and how fast they take care of them. I bought a bunch of Manners stocks in '09 (I can't remember the exact number but probably 10 or 12) and I had a problem with exactly one of them. One fast phone call to Tom and it was remedied.

Questions like this can be good for business, not everyone who has read this knows that Manners is a stand up company and they take care of their customers. You want to know something really amazing. I know a fellow who bought a rifle second hand that had a Manners stock. There was a problem cause by the previous owner, it was not quality related. The guy called Tom who had him send it in and fixed it no questions asked and no money changed hands. When asked why he would fix it for a second owner the answer was "it's still a Manners stock". That's a stand up company.