• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners stocks and sling studs?

D-RAS03

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2006
PA
How do they install them? Are they screwed in? Bolted in? My front stud is coming loose. Now to tighten it I have to turn it a little past 90deg from where it should be. The hole in the stud is inline with the stock. I need it fixed. Gets worse everyday and I think its going to pull out of the stock. Help me out guys. Thanks

Re: Manners stocks and sling studs?

Call Manners and they'll take care of you.

I'll call them in the morning. I have used there customer service before and Tom went above and beyond to help me out. Reason why I will only get Manner stocks from now on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D-RAS03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do they install them? Are they screwed in? Bolted in? My front stud is coming loose. Now to tighten it I have to turn it a little past 90deg from where it should be. The hole in the stud is inline with the stock. I need it fixed. Gets worse everyday and I think its going to pull out of the stock. Help me out guys. Thanks </div></div>Hi D-RAS03, all of are studs are 10x32 machine thread, the front ones go into steel t-nuts, and the rear into a aluuminum block that has a stainless helicoil. Some guys will take them out when they run bags so we only hand tighten them, if you do not plan on doing this, we recomend that you put a little blue loctite on them. Give me a buzz at the shop and I will get you taken care of. Thank you very much,

Called them and they told me just to tighten them up. They said theres a piece inside the stock it screws into. They said they don't put them super tight when they leave the factory.

ETA: Just saw your reply Tom. Thanks and am always impressed with your guys when I call. Best CS.

Exactly. Nothing but the best goes into their products. Nothing to worry about, unless you decide to give it 3 turns instead of 1/2 a turn.

You might end up turning the sling stud into the composite material a bit, but you aren't going to hurt anything. A drop of Loctite on the threads, and tighten it back to where it is now, would still work just fine.

DK

I don't have a manners stock but it's nice seeing the company/Tom post about issues and or resolving them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bayou1535</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have a manners stock but it's nice seeing the company/Tom post about issues and or resolving them. </div></div>

Tom and his guys are top notch about making everyone happy.

This thread is awesome, really nice to see he owner post in the thread answering the question AND still encouraging the customer to call. make me happy that i have decided to go with Manners for my build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apothus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is awesome, really nice to see he owner post in the thread answering the question AND still encouraging the customer to call. make me happy that i have decided to go with Manners for my build </div></div>

If you get a Manners stock you will be more than happy.

Tom was so great in my search and purchase I will reccomend manners to any asking. If you are debating between models or dont have someone local to test out he will send you one to get your hands on. All you have to pay is $20 to insure and ship it back.

I just recieved my first Manners stock (T4A) this week. After reading this thread I couldn't be any happier with my decision to go with Manners.

Got a T5a for my savage build coming within a few weeks...Cant wait! So glad I waited to go with manners especially after seeing how their CS is.