• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Stocks, bedding?

dave009

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2006
Australia
www.winezone.com.au
Hi all,

Well after a wait of no less than 7 months for my T2 stock i need to think about bedding. Ive been told manners stock's really need it and after such a long wait and a hefty price im pretty happy to do so. So my question is would it be ok to glass bed the rifle or does it need pillars as well to make the most of it? Up untill now ive been using Bell and Carlson stocks and leaving them be with good results but is there a chance il need to do a bit a work with the stock to get the best out of it???

Cheers
Dave
Australia

Re: Manners Stocks, bedding?

hey mate, my t4 came with pillars that were to be installed at the time of bedding. i just hacksawed them to roughly over sized, then filed them square and for a perfect fit.

howcome yours took so long mate? i had mine in as long as it took to ship form SA to VIC. special order colour order or some such?

its an easy enough process as they are ally, not steel, took maybe half an hour to file them to the right size, less if i had power tool that night.

as for bedding, also an easy enough process once you have done a couple. my suggestion is to practice on something you dont care so much about, i did my howa before my rem, and it shows, lol

pillar bed for sure, especially if they came with the kit, its no more difficult, and you get all the bonuses of having rock solid and repeatable torque

where abouts are you located mate?

jim, central VIC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dave009</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi all,

So my question is would it be ok to glass bed the rifle or does it need pillars as well to make the most of it?
Cheers
Dave
Australia </div></div>
Hi Dave, All of our stocks come with a set of badger 9/16" pillars, and the holes are pre-reamed. While some guys install the pillars and just run the stock that way, we recomend that the pillars be installed and that atleast the back of the recoil lug area be bedded. For best results, most guys will do a full bed job. Thank you very much,

Thanks Thomas should come up a treat been waiting so long for it to finish off my 204 custom rifle. Do you have a long lead time due to a heap of orders as i know they are a pretty popular stock here and seem to be on more rifles than mcmillians the only problem is the wait? Is it a case of Australia being such a small market that the delay is quite substantial compared to the US market which would id guess would make up 90% + of all sales???

I just ordered a T4 and a T4-A this week through Light Force. Andrew Noble told me to expect about a 3 month wait for them.

These are getting some custom options, so I knew I would be up for a wait, but as luck would have it, they were just about to place a bulk order, so that saved me some time.

I expect that after you placed your order that Light Force waited for a bulk order to save shipping costs, whereas Jimi's stock must have been in stock.

Cant wait for them to get here though
smile.gif

correct, i rang up and just asked what was in stock, i originaly wanted a black stock, but they had OD, so i got OD, hahahahaha

now i love the black and OD look of my rifle!

jim

Gentlemen, lets see some pics from down under!

The stocks are well worth the wait....

PS I visited WA in 1989 courtesy of Uncle Sam, and still have good memories of the friendly folks and hospitality afforded us all.

ahhhh maybe i put my order in just after they got one in that would explain the wait! Will have some pics up for sure next week once ive got the bedding in and fixed the bolt problem....

I will gladly post some pics when mine get here. Tikka T3 in the T4-A and a CZ 452 in the T4.

here are some pics i took a few weeks ago, and some older ones from when i first put it all together.

sorry for the piss poor iphone/iphone app pics. i tried to fix my digital slr one day and wrecked it

IMG_0076.png

IMG_0075.png

skull on my stock pack is yak bone from a necklace my brother brought back from nepal for me years ago.

IMG_0072.png

IMG_0071.png

IMG_0070.png

IMG_0069.jpg

personal best with this rifle so far...

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dave009</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi all,

So my question is would it be ok to glass bed the rifle or does it need pillars as well to make the most of it?
Cheers
Dave
Australia </div></div>
Hi Dave, All of our stocks come with a set of badger 9/16" pillars, and the holes are pre-reamed. While some guys install the pillars and just run the stock that way, we recomend that the pillars be installed and that atleast the back of the recoil lug area be bedded. For best results, most guys will do a full bed job. Thank you very much,

Hi tom,

Does the tikka stocks need pillars? I've been told that they are not recommended for the tikka models. If so, what do you recommend the actions torque to be and will the stock filling crush over time if pillars aren't used?

Thanks