• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners stocks question

6.5creedmoor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2013
Tucson, AZ
I ordered a t4a at the beginning of april and was told it would be ready in 3 to 4 months but I'm currently going on 7 months of waiting for it. I've left messages and never get called back or if I do get an answer they either say they cant find it or let me see where its at and say theyll call back but never do. I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had this problem.

Never had an issue with Manners. 5-6 month wait is pretty typical though.

However, them not being able to find your stock order number is concerning...

Ya I don't know what's going on some times I'll call and they say they cant find it in the system and other times they find it, but I do know that everytime I call I keep getting told it'll be 6 more weeks

Have you checked stockysstocks to see if they have what you want in stock? I found one close enough there and just had my builder do the mods I wanted rather than waiting the lead times. Instant availability is what got me into a Manners rather than wait till the second coming for a McMillan.

Ohhh, you'll get your stock, but it'll be the wrong inlet. And then you'll send it back...and they'll lose it...for six months. Then you'll call them to politely remind them that they have your stock. And they'll tell you that they don't have it...until they find it. So then they put your stock back in line for the correct inlet and everything's as it should be. And, after a while, you'll have your stock again...but it'll still be the wrong inlet. Good luck!

Last edited:
My experience with Tom Manners was nothing but positive. It did take several months but it was ready when he said it would be and everything was correct. Personally, I think the quality of my Manners stock is better than that of my McMillan.

Tom is a good guy and I hope things get sorted out so you end up satisfied.

You know how quotes are in the gun world! i still love manners stocks tho! Something isnt right if they cant find your order number? Check your emails. should be in there

I ordered a t4a at the beginning of april and was told it would be ready in 3 to 4 months but I'm currently going on 7 months of waiting for it. I've left messages and never get called back or if I do get an answer they either say they cant find it or let me see where its at and say theyll call back but never do. I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had this problem.
Hi 6.5creedmoor. PM your build number and contact information and who you talked to in the shop, I will find out what the hold up is and get right back to you. Thank you

Last edited:
Hi 6.5creedmoor. PM your build number and contact information and who you talked to in the shop, I will find out what the hold up is and get right back to you. Thank you

THATS exactly why I choose Manners over McMillan. My gunsmith had nothing but great things to say about their customer service. I was told 7 months but I got it in 4 months and I absolutely LOVE my T5A. Once I'm in a position to build a second rifle, I'll be going with Manners again.

Patience is a virtue. I ordered mine in early February and it was almost 8 months to completion. They produce products that are in demand, you knew there was a wait going into it. Quotes on time are just that, its an estimate and subject to change depending on work load, family emergencies, car trouble, and every other wrench the world throws in every one of our lives from time to time. I had to wait a while but it was well worth the wait. I received a call from Mr. Manners himself regarding finishing up something they didn't even have to do but they wanted to send the stock out ready to go.

Behold...

Manners TF4-A, Mini Chassis, Badger EFR, Atlas Rail with R700/M24 inlet. The stock is a work of art, sometimes I take it out of the safe just to admire and fondle!

I ordered my T-4 on 26 April 2013, last night I recieved my email that it was 1-2 weeks out. Today I will pay on it and wait for it's delivery.

I ordered a T2A in April, on 9/12 they said it would be another 3weeks. I've sent a couple emails and both times recieved responses back quickly. No issue there, just wish I would've got a heads up it would take longer than the quoted 16 weeks. Starting to get anxious this is the time of year we can shoot long range. Ordered a barreled action at the same time, its here just need my stock.

Tom is one of the stand up guys in this business. He works with his customers to make things right no matter what.

I share this story any time someone sakes about manners.

A few years ago I bought a T4 for my Quad off a guy here on the Hide. When I went to put my action in it the inlet was a bit too deep to let the bolt release work and the hole for the take down screw was a bit off. I asked a question on here if anyone had ever had a similar problem with their setup. Tom saw my post and offered to fix the stock free of charge and to just send it back an he would make it right. Mind you, I didn't buy it from him. I declined his offer and said I would fix it and that it wasn't the end of the world. He responded by telling me to remind him of it the next time I ordered a stock from him and he would probably shave a little off.

That kind service doesn't come from too many people in this business. Much less any business! So when it does I take need and make sure to do business with them whenever possible. Rest assured since Tom has seen this and offered to get things squared away for you that that is exactly what will happen.

I have a new MCS T5A DBM in Forest Camo. Worth every dime and would be worth every day of waiting other than the fact I got exactly what I wanted and would have ordered custom-made from Euro Optic.... oh yeah baby. Instant gratification. and AMAZING STOCK. And all my contact with Manners has been exemplary.

I also think it's hilarious that, i had had the choice of Forest or Desert camo. It was hard to choose because I am more of a general camo, Woodland type guy so would have probably bought GAP camo in reality. I went back and forth and decided Forest matched my new 30+ acres in FL we're moving to / building on but Desert could have worked too. After I bought mine I kept monitoring and checking on the Desert, because it was also very nice and I wondered what would have been etc. if I made the right decision. A month later I come on here and wind up finding the gent who bought the Desert camo stock having wanted the Forest, but I got to it first so he was left with the Desert to buy lol. Just hilarious IMHO. And he seems to be as happy as I am.

MCS= Best of the Best and best decision you'll ever make for your rifle.

Tom has always made everything right for me period. I understand your concern and have been there myself with many manufacturers, no business is perfect but Tom has his heart and business plan in the right place. Speak to him directly, he will get you straight, guaranteed.

I ordered a T2A in April, on 9/12 they said it would be another 3weeks. I've sent a couple emails and both times recieved responses back quickly. No issue there, just wish I would've got a heads up it would take longer than the quoted 16 weeks.

21 weeks on my order isn't like several of the 30+ week issues others have had, but I'm not letting it go that long before speaking up. I ordered in May, on 8/28 I was told "3 more weeks it's on schedule", on 9/8 I was told "slight delay, it will be another 3 weeks", on 9/25 I was told 4 more weeks! I left message on 10/3, no returned call to date. I realize they are busy, but the "3-4 more weeks" line of BS get's old after the third time. If the date slipped fine, tell me what it is instead of spoon feeding me BS and hope I go away. I also agree 100% that if they cannot meet the 16 week delivery quote, an email stating when the new delivery date will be SHOULD be sent. They may make an outstanding product, and have some of the better CS in the industry, but right now they are obviously struggling badly and not succeeding in managing customer expectations.

I see that Tom messages you, and I hope you've talked to MCS. What's the word on your order?

21 weeks on my order isn't like several of the 30+ week issues others have had, but I'm not letting it go that long before speaking up. I ordered in May, on 8/28 I was told "3 more weeks it's on schedule", on 9/8 I was told "slight delay, it will be another 3 weeks", on 9/25 I was told 4 more weeks! I left message on 10/3, no returned call to date. I realize they are busy, but the "3-4 more weeks" line of BS get's old after the third time. If the date slipped fine, tell me what it is instead of spoon feeding me BS and hope I go away. I also agree 100% that if they cannot meet the 16 week delivery quote, an email stating when the new delivery date will be SHOULD be sent. They may make an outstanding product, and have some of the better CS in the industry, but right now they are obviously struggling badly and not succeeding in managing customer expectations.
HI Bunsen, Send me PM with your build number and contact info and I will see what the hold up is. Also if there is anyone else, please send me a PM and I will get back to you asap. We have been quoting a estimated 16 to 20 weeks all year depending on the inlet and stock type. Some have gone out quicker some have not. We have ran two shifts for the last two years. Last month we just expanded into a new building with a additional 4000 sqr feet of space so that we could add a additional full production shift of workers to keep up with demand. As the demand for our products have grown we have always stayed focused on increasing the production capacity of the plant with out sacrificing quality. Thank you very much,

Last edited:
Itll be in my hands tomorrow. Tom was very helpful and explained what was going on I will definitely be ordering from them again there cs was best I've had.

I have an MCS T5. Yes, it took time to get to my builder, well worth it IMO. I absolutely love my Manners stock. Will be putting another one on the next build

I got the email to confirm address and payment!

1 to 2 weeks and the wait will be over.

Update: Received my T2-A 11/8. Well worth the wait!

Last edited: