• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Stocks (Savage Mark II)

00Buck

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2007
Canada
I think I already know the answer to this one but figured I'd throw it out there anyways.

Does Manners make a stock for the Savage Mark II?

I know they are making one for the CZ452/455 but I can't seem to get my hands on an old 452 varmint and the 455 is not available here yet.

If they don't, how much interest would be needed to have it offered? I'm sure there are lots of folks with the MKII looking for a very good stock to throw on it!

Re: Manners Stocks (Savage Mark II)

No they do not. You would have to call and ask them specifically, but I think you would need to order 50 stocks for them to make a run. You also have to consider the fact that the stock will cost more than the gun when it's all said and done.

50 stocks doesn't seem like that big of an issue if others were interested. I know the stock will cost about the same as the gun or even perhaps more, but that is nothing out of the ordinary....Rem 700 varmint/tactical in an AICS, Savage HB in McMillan, etc.

Sure would be nice if they decided to do this.

Guys, is there no support for this? I'm shocked that there wouldn't be at least 50 people looking to put a decent stock on the Mark II. Oh well, I guess it's back to the search for a 452 or 455 when they are finally available.

I would love one if they were less expensive but the mkII just isn't worth putting on a 600 dollar stock. That's a rough estimate as I have no clue what they actually cost, but I'm still not paying any bit over 250 for a stock on that gun. A CZ would be more worth it but even then is pushing it for me. The inexpensive 22lr's out there don't need expensive stocks. Mine shoots well as it sits as does most other peoples. I suppose the thought is really cool and all, but I wouldn't consider a high end stock for a rimfire unless it's of Anschutz/40X level cost and quality. But that's just where I stand on the issue, others opinions will vary.

Sorry fellas but I'm with Terror on this one. That seem's like too much coin for my MKII. The whole reason alot of people snag a savage over a CZ is to have a great shooting rifle on a budget.

Mark II's may outsell the CZ 2 to 1, maybe even more, but the Savage is a inexpensive rifle that performs extremely well, however the type of people that are buying Savage rifles are a budget minded individual that's looking for the best performance for the dollar, and aren't looking to have $1K+ wrapped up in a rimfire rifle. There are very, very, very few Savage Mark II buyers that are looking for a high dollar stock upgrade like moving up to a Manners T4 or the like. You would think that there's interest, but there just isn't enough interest.

Branden

If you really want a manners style stock you could always ask CWALLIS forge if he would make you one out of wood. I ordered a MCM A3 clone from Wallis about a year and a half ago i think he has a website http://www.wallisforge.com/5401.html

It's not the style of the stock I'm looking for, it the quality and the fact it would be full size.

I guess if all else fails I just keep waiting for the 455 varmint to become available. Too bad, the Savage is a fantastic rifle and I'm sure would be great in the Manners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00Buck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not the style of the stock I'm looking for, it the quality and the fact it would be full size.

I guess if all else fails I just keep waiting for the 455 varmint to become available. Too bad, the Savage is a fantastic rifle and I'm sure would be great in the Manners.

</div></div>

I'm with you on the 455, i'm waiting on the heavy barrel to come out and i'm going to pick one up with a barrel for .22lr, wmr, and 17hmr. I need to get a can started so that by the time they release that, i'll have the can already.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry fellas but I'm with Terror on this one. That seem's like too much coin for my MKII. The whole reason alot of people snag a savage over a CZ is to have a great shooting rifle on a budget.

</div></div>

with both CL and TITS. for a $300+ gun and a $600 stock you are in 40X build territory, and would get your investment back if need be.

i'd be hard pressed to put a $300 ish stock on one. (MKII) even the CZ / manners stock combo is a bit too much $ IMO, rather put it toward a 40X, anchutz, cooper.