• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners

Stagmaster

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2020
Nebraska
Question about manners stocks.... I see a lot stating they are Inlet for certain actions.... I’ve even heard that you cannot put, even other clones, into certain inlet actions.... is there something to go by? I have a prs1 with a bighorn origin and I think it was inlet for a defiance action and it works good with the gen 2 mini.... clarification?

Yup, the inlet is more for the bolt knob and ejection port. Sometimes the bolt release as well.

The mini chassis probably helps a bit. I have a T5A that was just inletted for Surgeon Bottom metal and action. My Impact will absolutely not fit in it at all.

The Manners PRS-TCS was cut lower to basically ignore bolt/ejection/release issues and is said to be compatible with all R700 clones. I tested mine yesterday with a Vudoo v22 and Terminus Zeus.

But the best way to know if you're talking about like a PRS1 is to call Manners.

I actually had the same question. So to clarify from those of you with a lot more experience, is it just for the boat and the boat release? It would seem to me that if it’s a Remington 700 clone then the action and action screws would all be identical.

I actually had the same question. So to clarify from those of you with a lot more experience, is it just for the boat and the boat release? It would seem to me that if it’s a Remington 700 clone then the action and action screws would all be identical.

For a mini chassis - the action screws will line up with all R700 clones. For a Manners they want it as clean as possible, as in only remove the material that's necessary to make a clean look. So ejection port is one area that is different on different actions.

1600617887831.png

See how precise that inletting is for the bolt release? That won't work for my Terminus Zeus which has a vertical bolt release.

And look at this pic, this was not the action perfectly mated for this inlet. You can see that the ejection port is not perfectly aligned with the inlet. It'll shoot fine, just not perfect.

1600617944086.png