• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mantyhose?

A leg from a pair will serve as a fan belt on an automobile as well. Seen it done as a kid and have had to do it since, although it doesn't work nearly as well on the new serpentine belts as it did on the v-belts in my 83 F150 and 76 maverick of a previous life.

good post, I'm getting some but it'll have to be a pretty bad survival situation before I pull them suckers out and put them on!

good post, I'm getting some but it'll have to be a pretty bad survival situation before I pull them suckers out and put them on!
' saved ' my feet big pain on 2 hard weeks of non stop hiking . One of the most useful tricks I ever learned .
Knee high Pantyhose worn . wearing over top mole skin & superglue on some bad spots on feet . All with rotating daily between two pair of quality boots & clean dry socks . Everyone should have a pair of knee-high's stored in the pockets of there Pack .

...and in a pinch, with a water bottle and rubberband, and those panty hose, a Soldier can get caught with his nice little 'foosh'(sp?)
NCO's, ya ever had the mispleasure to walk into one of those being used, there is no amount of eye soap than can get rid of that scene

This...."•Use pantyhose to prevent blisters. I saw a lot of comments in one of my previous articles about using pantyhose to keep your feet blister free and I just wanted to highlight it again here. Cut the feet off of a pair of pantyhose at the ankles and wear them under your socks. They will help cut down on the friction between your shoe and your foot, thus reducing the risk of blisters"

^^^^^^^^^^^^Used this every time with new wet boots during break-in (soak the boots in the tub, put them on wet, and walk them dry), and the dreaded 12mile humps with full ruck.

I kept two pair of "knee-highs" in my dive bag. They made getting into a saturated wetsuit a lot easier - one pair on my feet, the other on my hands, and the suit slipped right on. In addition, keeping the pair on my feet prevented blisters while wearing booties.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has these. It was rather awkward to buy but once it kept my truck from dying before I could get it home I no longer cared

Panty hose can keep leeches off too, if you're that part of the world. I'll take the jokes over a bunch of fat leeches sucking on me.

Is this how you guys wear them...WTF - LMFAO:(:confused:
man_hose_comp.jpg

I've never tired it but when the weather is cold like below freezing I know that some runners would wear them to keep there legs warm when running. years ago there was a local company that made a combination of panty hose/socks. Panty hose down to mid-calf and then socks for your feet. Same type of idea, men who needed to be out in the weather and wear suits and this keep the rest of your leg warm. I don't know if it ever really caught on.

I watched 1000 ArcticLight solders buy up the entire supply in Fairbanks, nobody had a problem with it.

When it's cold they will save your life, I sitll have a pair in my ruck, they may be dust now LOL but never had an issue.

You do what you have to, to survive.