• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Manufacture Defect

Re: Manufacture Defect

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tube was replaced. Manufacturer had a problem with the attchment threads. </div></div>

Company.

Without a doubt company. If the product left the factory (costing you $200) faulty and unusable, when it returns and is replaced they should pay the 200 you already did for the product the first time you bought it.

Something doesn't add up here. Did you not check the fit of the suppressor before firing it? Was the threading on barrel done correctly, assuming it's a thread on can?

You should, consider it a $200 lame poster tax for asking a complex question with barely any explanation on your part.

WEll I was trying not to drag the company down the toilet but.... Long story here it goes. I bought a can with quick detach in '06. It was built with the blast baffle too far back and the adaptor would bottom out on the baffle causing torquing. this the led to strikes. They had to rebuild the can.

Next one came 6 months later around the time of the new upgraded '07. I said gee I would have waited another month and 1/2 (since it had been so long already) for the newer better model. They said sure it was our mistake and offered to rebuild it. I give em big coodos for that.

So I send that one in, and wait another 5 months to get the '07 model. That one wouldn't lock up tight enough. It would wobble on the adaptor. I couldn't get accuracy out of it. It was stringing rounds over 6 MOA all over the place.
They said to send the rifle in. So I did and waited 4 months for them to say Oh ya the rifle is fine, but the can was build out of spec. So they did another rebuild.

So they rebuilt that one in '08. Took em another 5-6 months to rebuild it. That one was crap, complete total unmitigated bovin excrement. It would unscrew off the adaptor after 3 rounds and start stringing rounds over 8 MOA. I would go from 3 rounds at .5-.75 MOA to 8 MOA. I sent that one in and they said the can was built out of spec with too much overtravel built in it.

So..... They said they just scrapped that one and rebuilt me a new one with the 2011 specs, different adaptor. It took 10 month, count them 10 MONTHS to build me a new can. In meantime the laws have changed. I have moved and can't get a CLEO signature so I have to go with a trust for 400-500 dollars. On top of that now I have to pay the 200 dollar registration tax. I just doesn't seem right. They said I would have to pay the tax. They act like they did me a favor by building me an '11 model. I don't care if it was a 1923 model as long as it worked!!!! After 4 FRIGGIN years I still don't have a workign model. I've spent over 1000 dollars in this thing and have gotten nothing but headaces not to mention all the money tied up in shipping expenses and unusable units!!!!

If you count my total wait time of bebuilds or rifle in their shop it is over a year of time lost or tied up. I asked for a refund and they won't do it. I'm not a picky person. I just want something to work like its advertised. I'm sure you can figure out who it is. What good is a can if it disrups accuracy?

Ah, I know the company of which you speak and the exact suppressor model that gave you trouble. A very close friend has almost the EXACT story as you. I mean I had to keep checking your user name to make sure it wasn't him posting this story. And I was the dealer who sold him the suppressor. Talk about feeling bad.

Anyway, same as you the company is building my friend the latest spec model with the new mount. I bet they make him buy the mount and he is having to pay the $200 transfer. He already has a Trust but who is gonna transfer the suppressor for him without a fee? Short story is that APA is gonna do that free of charge. I let my SOT license expire recently. The suppressor manufacturer had promised me they'd have me the replacement suppressor to my old license before expiration but I pinged them less than two weeks ago on this issue and was told they still had not finished the suppressor or Form 3ed it. Since I'm at APA now, I talked to Jered about it and he didn't hesitate to help out the customer with a free transfer.

Original question - who should pay the fees? I think the manufacturer should IF the reason for this last rebuild was a defective product. But in my friend's case he was just thankful to be getting something that will hopefully work right the first time in nearly five years.

Not busting your nuts, but did you talk to the manufacturer before posting this here? If not, you should. In my personal dealings with that company they most often would bend over backwards to help out the customer in a reasonable way. So, call and ask them to put themselves in your shoes.

Best of luck. If it helps any, I've tried the new version of that suppressor and I think you will like it a lot.