• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD March 1.5-15x42 Dual Focal Plane

UNRL Ghandi

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2011
Maryland
Full disclosure I'm selling this because I decided I'm not willing to give up the clearer images at 15x for the shorter/lighter scope and can't return it. Here is the link to the thread with discussions of people's impressions of it, including mine. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/march-1-5-15x42-inquiry.7140014/page-4. To sum up, it is a very good scope up to 8x then the image is not as crisp as I'd expect as the magnification increases beyond 8x. The wind hold dots are near impossible to see and March is planning to rework the reticle to make those bigger and are offering the new reticle replacement free of charge once they've developed the new reticle (roughly 3 months). Illumination is awesome and it works very well with my PVS30 clip-on, surprisingly well in fact. Turrets are very nice and the locking mechanism is cool. The dual focal plane is a cool idea and I do like having the SFP reticle for the 1.5-6x range since the FFP reticle is too small to really use at that mag range for me. Really wanted this to work but I'm also an MOA guy and this is the only Mil scope I have and was going to trade it out for an MOA reticle version later if I liked it.

This is new but was mounted in a NF ultralight mount. Never fired my rifle with it mounted, just walked around looking at stuff with it.

If you are okay with these issues then I'm selling this for a discount at $2500 shipped/insured. Paypal F&F, Zelle, USPS money order. US only.

Partial trades:
  1. Zeiss LRP S3 4-25x with MOA reticle.
  2. RRS Ascend 14 tripod/Anvil ball head
  3. 10x or 12x Vortex Razor UHD binos.

IMG_6158.jpg

IMG_6159.jpg

IMG_6160.jpg

IMG_6162.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

IMG_6164.jpg

Last edited:
Just need clarification since sometimes I'm slow on the uptake. When you (and others) talk about image degradation at higher powers (above 8X), are you referring only to the reticle issue (windage dots disappear) or are you talking about the actual image of the target? Trying to understand if March's reticle update and replacement is going to fix "image quality" issue or are we talking two separate problems here?

Thanks,

At 15x the reticle is crisp except for the wind hold dots that can barely be seen. The reticle is not the problem and the reticle change won't correct the image quality issue I'm seeing at 15x.

Does anyone have experience or an opinion on this scope's low-light capability? The magnification range is very intriquing but is the 42mm objective too much of a limiting factor compared to March's 3-24x52 or 4.5-28x52?

Reactions: UNRL Ghandi
It's very good in low light in the 1.5-8x mag range. I don't have the other two March scopes you're asking about but I would think the 1.5-15x DFP is likely needed for a different application than a 4.5-28x scope and aren't really interchangeable.

Thank you. I know they are very different in application. I am just curious if there is a palpable difference between the two objective sizes. The 1.5-15x42 should fit my purposes of spot and stalk and occasional ambush hunting better than the 4.5-28x52 for sure but a 52mm lens would be nice for low light none the less.
I hope March will come out with a new cross over scope for long range hunting with a 2.5-3.5 minimum magnification over the next years. A 2.8 or 3.5-28x52 would be just perfect for that purpose.