• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March 1.5-15x42 inquiry

Anyone wanna loan me one of these so I can try it out? :LOL: Or know of a vendor with a donor unit?

A little concerned to drop $3k on one just to see if I can deal with the downsides.

Anyone wanna loan me one of these so I can try it out? :LOL: Or know of a vendor with a donor unit?

A little concerned to drop $3k on one just to see if I can deal with the downsides.
Believe it or not, I have a SFP sitting unmounted currently if you'd like to borrow it for a few weeks, hahaha

If you want to be a real contributing member here then you pay full retail, write a review on why it's not worth what it costs, then sell it in the PX to a now educated member at 40% off. That's how this works bud.

Mine is on its way back from Japan right now after having the new reticle installed. Should have it next week I think. Will report back how it looks once it's in hand.

Reactions: Glassaholic
My scope actually arrived today and I have to take back every negative thing I said about it prior. They fixed the hell out of this thing. No more fuzzy image at 10-15x and you can see the reticle holds like you should. Not sure what they did to fix the image quality, but it worked! Still don't think it should have ever left the facility the way I received it but hats off to March for making it right in a big way. And they sent me some swag that included a cool velcro patch. Will have to get out to the range and run it a bit to see how it performs but I'm digging this little thing now.

New reticle at 4x pointed at the sky:
1696626613775.png

Old reticle at 10x pointed at the refrigerator:
1696626776514.png

Don't judge the glass by this pic it's difficult to get a cell phone pic off a kitchen table but the alien is at 225 yards. With the previous reticle, I had a really hard time making out edges and everything had a halo effect similar to how the leaves in the foreground look (they're at 50ish yards next to my barn) no matter what I did with the diopter and/or parallax. Truly is a massive improvement.
1696627362719.png

Glad none of you suckers bought this when I posted it on the Exchange at the pre-fix discount. This is definitely a keeper scope now. Thought about it for a hunting rifle but I might just hold off and put it on my Tac Ops Delta 51 once it's done. I mean I can't be a Tac Ops Ninja and not have Shiruken turrets right??? :)

My scope actually arrived today and I have to take back every negative thing I said about it prior. They fixed the hell out of this thing. No more fuzzy image at 10-15x and you can see the reticle holds like you should. Not sure what they did to fix the image quality, but it worked! Still don't think it should have ever left the facility the way I received it but hats off to March for making it right in a big way. And they sent me some swag that included a cool velcro patch. Will have to get out to the range and run it a bit to see how it performs but I'm digging this little thing now.

View attachment 8243157

View attachment 8243179

Don't judge the glass by this pic it's difficult to get a cell phone pic off a kitchen table but the alien is at 225 yards. With the previous reticle, I had a really hard time making out edges and everything had a halo effect similar to how the leaves in the foreground look (they're at 50ish yards next to my barn) no matter what I did with the diopter and/or parallax. Truly is a massive improvement.
View attachment 8243190

Glad none of you suckers bought this when I posted it on the Exchange at the pre-fix discount. This is definitely a keeper scope now. Thought about it for a hunting rifle but I might just hold off and put it on my Tac Ops Delta 51 once it's done. I mean I can't be a Tac Ops Ninja and not have Shiruken turrets right??? :)

You makes me regret my FML-4 even more. That was a bad choice obviously.

I wonder if they could switch it for a dual, probably not. I'll ask, just in case. Could you post a picture of how it looks at low mag ?

View attachment 8243157

View attachment 8243179

View attachment 8243190

Damnit! Now I need to save up for one. Thanks, jerk. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: UNRL Ghandi
You makes me regret my FML-4 even more. That was a bad choice obviously.

I wonder if they could switch it for a dual, probably not. I'll ask, just in case. Could you post a picture of how it looks at low mag ?
Low mag pics below are on 1.5x but my cell phone camera is zoomed in to almost 4x to get a decent pic. Also keep in mind I'm scoping from my kitchen table through dirty glass windows while it's raining and it's getting dark. :) Being on 1.5x you can see my suppressor. Supposed to be nice out tomorrow. If I remember I'll go snap better pics. DFP reticle is going to work really well for hunting on low magnification like I have to do in my woods.

1696633772396.png

Illumination on 5th of 6 settings.
1696633717496.png

Low mag pics below are on 1.5x but my cell phone camera is zoomed in to almost 4x to get a decent pic. Also keep in mind I'm scoping from my kitchen table through dirty glass windows while it's raining and it's getting dark. :) Being on 1.5x you can see my suppressor. Supposed to be nice out tomorrow. If I remember I'll go snap better pics. DFP reticle is going to work really well for hunting on low magnification like I have to do in my woods.

View attachment 8243260

Illumination on 5th of 6 settings.
View attachment 8243259
Thanks man, I regret even more than earlier...

View attachment 8243157

View attachment 8243179

View attachment 8243190

Mine just shipped with new reticle (back to me from Japan), would love to see if improvement above 10x like yours, if so that would be a game changer!

Reactions: UNRL Ghandi
Mine came back as well. Definitely a significant improvement, but now the dots are almost too big, lol. But it makes them very useable at lower mags so I am actually happy with it. Ignore the focus on the images, hand holding my cell phone.

At 15x
View attachment 8243482

At 10x
View attachment 8243483
You say the reticles is improved, but how about IQ at 10x and above? Do you see improvement there like UNRL G mentions above?

So for the future, how do I know which model has the improved reticle? Does it list it as DR-TR2B only if it has the new improved reticle?

How is the eyebox at or near 1.5x? Curious how much it would lose in forgiveness compared to an LPVO at the same mag.

So for the future, how do I know which model has the improved reticle? Does it list it as DR-TR2B only if it has the new improved reticle?
My understanding is that the “B” at the end of DR-TR2B indicates the updated reticle with thicker dots, so only the ones with this update will carry that designation.

Impressive action from a small, innovation driven company with virtually no advertising budget. I’ve read that most of their profit goes into R & D, many other players in the industry could take note.

Reminds me of the likes of Voigtlander who incredibly lasted 200 yrs. from 1756-1956 refusing to bend to mediocrity knowing they'd eventually go out of business producing optics that way.

Contax was another innovative outfit that was very good til they "bit the dust".

It's fun to see some of these scope outfits run by the minds who actually design and produce these optics w/o being overruled by bean counters who can listen to their customers and "turn on a dime" to problem-solve and give them what they want.

Come to think of it, all this smacks of the methods of the legendary outfit that Glassiholic's Dad used to work for (on a smaller scale of course).

Last edited:
Considering new scopes for a 16" 308. Is the March worth a gamble with the new updates, over say, an ATACR or MK5?

Last edited:
You say the reticles is improved, but how about IQ at 10x and above? Do you see improvement there like UNRL G mentions above?
I haven’t had a chance to look through it at any distance yet. March did include a note that stated I should expect some compromises at the high end in order to enable a 10x erector system.

My understanding is that the “B” at the end of DR-TR2B indicates the updated reticle with thicker dots, so only the ones with this update will carry that designation.
It appears you are correct. The March website now clearly states the DR-TR2 reticle has been discontinued and that it has been replaced by the DR-TR2B and that all new production models of the 1.5-15X42 DR will have the new reticle.

Much improved, but honestly, I am still not in love with it. I think they should have left off completely the SFP vertical strip that runs from the bottom to 6 MILS and move the 2/10th scale located at 5 mils up to the main horizontal, starting at 5 MILS of windage and proceeding to 10. I would have also liked a 1 MIL open center instead of half MIL, but I am sure most would not agree with that particular want.
Kudos to them for properly numbering the tree, providing a legible reticle and listening to the consumer with a fairly quick pivot.
Would consider them in the future due to how they handled this.

Reactions: Clearlight
Ordered. Happy now, @Burdy? 😆

Bought from Euro Optic, they had in stock with the updated 2B reticle so hopefully that means it was produced after whatever they fixed. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Haha. I was mildly joking. Hope you like it, let us know your review.

Reactions: Conqueror
Does anyone have pictures of the FFP FML4 Reticle? I'm looking for view through the scope at a few different powers.

Thanks.

I had a hard time taking those pics with a f*****g 3 cams phone...

As it's mounted a rifle, I took the pictures in front of a white wall. It's not ideal to have a good idea of the size of the reticle in the field of view. On my next trip to the range with this rifle, I'll take more.

- 1.5x,
- 1.5x illuminated. My phone adjusted to brigntness, it's quite bright,
- 3x,
- 3x illuminated,
- 6x still very good at that mag
- 10x big...,
- 15x crazy big,
- 15x crazy big bright. 😆

That said, I'm liking it more and more.

If the circle was segmented with .2 mil marks extending toward the middle, it would be excellent even at 15x.

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• PXL_20231228_151951552.jpg
    PXL_20231228_151951552.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20231228_151916901.jpg
    PXL_20231228_151916901.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20231228_151901646.jpg
    PXL_20231228_151901646.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20231228_151844416.jpg