• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March hunting scopes. How do they stack up?

ROCKer

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2005
Madison,MS
I've looked through about all the scopes but have never field tested the march scopes. I'm considering putting a March 2.5 - 25 on my GAP 7 wsm non typical. Does anyone have experience with this scope?

I have it currently. I got mine about a month ago. Excellent weight and clarity. If considering getting one, I wouldn't be afraid. Great scope with good features that comes in a light package when compared to others when considering a hunting oriented build.

Thanks and I'm really on the fence about march scopes. I like size and caps but wish it had a zero stop. I'm leaning towards the etched reticle also.

I have been using scopes with exposed turrets for hunting for roughly 8 years. Most of those years, I have spent an average of 12 days afield chasing whitetail/mule deer, antelope, and coyotes with a rifle(s) equipped with scopes with exposed turrets. These include Zeiss, Leupold, Hensoldt, and currently March optics.
I cannot think of one instance where my turrets had been knocked from zero. I have completed my first season with the March-F 3-24 and have been pleased with the optic. The turrets are lower profile than most tactical scopes availible, so the covered turrets weren't a deal breaker for me.
As a hunter, I suggest you give the March-F a try if you are considering a FFP mil/mil scope. The size, weight, and quality of glass make this a great cross-over scope for the hunter/ precision shooter.

There are very few scopes that are as good as March scopes.

Hope you're right as I'm buying a slightly used March F 3-24x42 fml this week.
Skip

I'm still on the fence with the March scopes but they must be good. I'm trying to get one from a buddy for a quick demo.

I really want to try a March scope but currently running Nightforce on hunting rifles and scared I will regret moving to March. Has anyone used Nightforce and March? Would love to here how they compare.

I sold all my nightforces and and am continuing to replace with March. I have a 5-40x56 FML-1 and a 3-24 is going to be here in two weeks. Can't go back to nightforce. They never did me wrong and are good scopes but the March is just that step above. Glass is gorgous, Zero stops are super easyand the turrets are LOW and solid. I don't think you will be sorry.

I've got a friend that is shooting an event this weekend with a March on his 6.5 SAUM. He's supposed to send to Mississippi for a test. Well take it out for a field test against NF, Schmidt, Zeiss, and Bushnell. Jeff Badly is also supposed to shoot with us so we can get a real shooter's opinion. Report coming soon....