• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March Scopes, Good or Bad

Re: March Scopes, Good or Bad

ban hammer ... good or bad?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">I have a March Tactical</span></span> 3-24x42FFP on my AR Grendel <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">and a Premier</span></span> 5-25x56 on my Bolt gun. I love both scopes. If weight is the issue, I would do PR Heritage 3-15x50mm Varmint (who really dials wind in lighter guns) if $2K was my price range and March is $3K was my price range. Call Mike CS Tactical if looking for a PR. He is great to talk with and knows the product. Both brands are tops. Me not dis-ing other brands, L, S&B, NF, etc.... I do not have much experince with them. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Run from IOR. IOR Rings suck and Val is not fun to deal with</span></span>, and not very good at the box test. Spec's on IOR web site are not really accurate either. </div></div>

If you've got all this extensive knowledge...what did you need to make three separate posts for?

IOR Scopes, good or bad?
Premier Reticle Scopes, Good or Bad
March Scopes, Good or Bad

March is one of the alpha scope brands. I got a 1-10x26 and it is really good.

Apparently you already know the answer to this question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wondering what other people think of IOR scopes? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wonder what other people thoughts are about Premier Reticle Scopes? Anyone have any bad or good stuff happen? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wonder what other people thoughts are about LaRue Tactical Rifles? Anyone have any bad or good stuff happen? </div></div>

It would probalby be easier to start a poll.

I do not understand the issue with asking about several products I am considering purchasing and wish to start with no bias. Did I violate sone forum rule?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not understand the issue with asking about several products I am considering purchasing and wish to start with no bias. Did I violate sone forum rule? </div></div>

See my previous post, then disable your "submit" button, engage your "search feature" and employ your ability to read.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not understand the issue with asking about <span style="color: #FF0000">several products I am considering purchasing </span>and wish to start with no bias. Did I violate sone forum rule? </div></div>

Apparently you've already made the purchases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not understand the issue with asking about several products I am considering purchasing and wish to start with no bias. Did I violate sone forum rule? </div></div>

See my previous post, then disable your "submit" button, engage your "search feature" and employ your ability to read. </div></div>

I am new to this forum. I really appreciate you help. You find such nice people at Sniper's Hide

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not understand the issue with asking about <span style="color: #FF0000">several products I am considering purchasing </span>and wish to start with no bias. Did I violate sone forum rule? </div></div>

Apparently you've already made the purchases. </div></div>

I did on the PR. March has out a new 5-40x56 that I am considering.

For starters, if you want to know about a specific product, ask about that product. And since the 5-40 has not been released yet, I doubt that you'll find anybody with any experience.

Since you already claim to have a PH and March, you would know better than anyone of their quality and ability to stand up to what you are able to dish out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a March Tactical 3-24x42FFP on my AR Grendel and a Premier 5-25x56 on my Bolt gun. I love both scopes.</div></div>

If you're just trying to start a flame war by asking for peoples opinions of manufactures, you won't last long here.

Maybe he is just trying to get his post count up?? I know I am
grin.gif

I really do not understand the attacking tone on this form from some members. I do not really care that some take that tone with me either but it does confuse me. If the shoe fits wear it, if not just throw it away I have once heard.

I do own two scopes that I felt where good products but I am new to long range shooting and new to high end / high power glass. I know that I do not know all and and with respect to high end / high power glass this is particularly true. As I do not know much, I had hoped to hear the experiences of other people who have owned the same or simular products, particularly the experiences of people with a lot of shooting behind them.

As I have purchased both scopes within the last 60 days, I am not married to them and I have heard both good and bad things about both. I am going to buy to more scopes, one for a duplicate 308 bolt gun and one for a duplicate 6.5 Grendel AR and I am not certain if I should buy duplicate glass of consider other glass. So I thought this would be a good place to get good feedback.

Hope this explanation help with the tone.

What are your expectations for these scopes. Are you going to carry the rifle for hunting? Target shooting? What distance do you expect to be shooting? Do you want to dial wind and elevation changes or do you want to hold? Do you need to perform range calculations with the reticle? Etc, etc

Just buy a few Counter Sniper's and be done with your searches and repetitive posts.

Wouldn't you read reviews before purchasing? Buyers remorse will always keep you guessing. Everyone will have an opinion, which will really keep you guessing. If the scope has the features you're looking for and a decent warranty just buy it. Sounds like the bank account will allow it for you.

For someone new to long range, you really jumped into it without doing what appears to be enough homework. No flame, just the facts.

+1 on thinking the post count inflation. Should see 2 scopes for sale real soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just buy a few Counter Sniper's and be done with your searches and repetitive posts.

Wouldn't you read reviews before purchasing? Buyers remorse will always keep you guessing. Everyone will have an opinion, which will really keep you guessing. If the scope has the features you're looking for and a decent warranty just buy it. Sounds like the bank account will allow it for you.

For someone new to long range, you really jumped into it without doing what appears to be enough homework. No flame, just the facts.

+1 on thinking the post count inflation. Should see 2 scopes for sale real soon. </div></div>

Triple D, What is a "Counter Sniper's"?

I am liking the PR 5-25x56 and the March 3-24x42. I hope nothings breaks. Currently can not see selling them.

Apples, does anybody know if I like the taste of delicious apples....anybody?

But really, do I like apples?

Counter Snipers are the finest scopes that have ever been produced. Don't take my word for it, just start a thread asking if they are any good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Counter Snipers are the finest scopes that have ever been produced. Don't take my word for it, just start a thread asking if they are any good. </div></div>

Thank you, I will check the out?

I'll help! What everybody is saying is search before posting questions as these topics have be asked many times before.

Seems like you can't go wrong with any of those you mentioned. Just buy the one you like.

Btw, I have the counter-sniper on a 6.5 Grendel AR, and it is a great scope for the price. My bolt gun (a Remington 5R) is getting a USO. Ymmv.

I had a bad experience with my 3-24 ( I think it was).
Loved the reticule. Took it to AK on a grizzly hunt. Lost zero on the plane ride over.
Turret allen screws would not stay tight. Went to put dope in and turret just spun.
Eye box sucks.

Glass and reticule are top notch though. Maybe I just had a lemon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhino-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like you can't go wrong with any of those you mentioned. Just buy the one you like.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Btw, I have the counter-sniper on a 6.5 Grendel AR, and it is a great scope for the price</span>. My bolt gun (a Remington 5R) is getting a USO. Ymmv. </div></div>

Are you serious?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhino-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like you can't go wrong with any of those you mentioned. Just buy the one you like.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Btw, I have the counter-sniper on a 6.5 Grendel AR, and it is a great scope for the price</span>. My bolt gun (a Remington 5R) is getting a USO. Ymmv. </div></div>

Are you serious? </div></div>

Counter Sniper's proprietary Bertrillium-Xantitium coating is truly a marvel, and their 1/8 MOA adjustments are -- as the math obviously reveals -- twice as good as 1/4 MOA.

My Crusader previously wore a USO SN3 SSDS and currently wears a PR Heritage 5-25. That said -- I am in the process of selling the aforementioned scopes to complete the "Ultimate Crusader" package by upgrading to a Counter Sniper Crusader Aspheric Titanium unit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamstur</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhino-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like you can't go wrong with any of those you mentioned. Just buy the one you like.

Are you serious? </div></div>

Counter Sniper's proprietary Bertrillium-Xantitium coating is truly a marvel, and their 1/8 MOA adjustments are -- as the math obviously reveals -- twice as good as 1/4 MOA.

My Crusader previously wore a USO SN3 SSDS and currently wears a PR Heritage 5-25. That said -- I am in the process of selling the aforementioned scopes to complete the "Ultimate Crusader" package by upgrading to a Counter Sniper Crusader Aspheric Titanium unit. </div></div>

Not sure if serious...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple D</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamstur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

My Crusader previously wore a USO SN3 SSDS and currently wears a PR Heritage 5-25. That said -- I am in the process of selling the aforementioned scopes to complete the "Ultimate Crusader" package by upgrading to a Counter Sniper Crusader Aspheric Titanium unit. </div></div>

Not sure if serious... </div></div>

All in humor. It was more of a "please let these threads die" attempt.

I was browsing the forum this afternoon & suprised these 3 threads netted 1500+ views and haven't been locked or merged ... especially since his Premier thread started the expected 'PR v. S&B' argument.

I remember the last time someone tried to start a "USO v PR v S&B" thread a month ago it was locked fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really do not understand the attacking tone on this form from some members. I do not really care that some take that tone with me either but it does confuse me. If the shoe fits wear it, if not just throw it away I have once heard.

I do own two scopes that I felt where good products but I am new to long range shooting and new to high end / high power glass. I know that I do not know all and and with respect to high end / high power glass this is particularly true. As I do not know much, I had hoped to hear the experiences of other people who have owned the same or simular products, particularly the experiences of people with a lot of shooting behind them.

As I have purchased both scopes within the last 60 days, I am not married to them and I have heard both good and bad things about both. I am going to buy to more scopes, one for a duplicate 308 bolt gun and one for a duplicate 6.5 Grendel AR and I am not certain if I should buy duplicate glass of consider other glass. So I thought this would be a good place to get good feedback.

Hope this explanation help with the tone.
</div></div>

You even fail at complaining.....

No one on Sniper's Hide has a tone with you. This is an internet forum therefore we do not speak to each other, resulting in NO tones. You're welcome!

Actually you fail @ understanding the meaning of the word tone. As a starting point google "tone of writing"....you're welcome
smile.gif

To the OP, any of the multiple scopes you have enquired about will serve you well. Given you already have some excellent glass I suggest you put it to work and then learn what best suits you. What you are asking regarding optics cannot be garnered on the internet.

Rath

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually you fail @ understanding the meaning of the word tone. As a starting point google "tone of writing"....you're welcome
smile.gif

To the OP, any of the multiple scopes you have enquired about will serve you well. Given you already have some excellent glass I suggest you put it to work and then learn what best suits you. What you are asking regarding optics cannot be garnered on the internet.

Rath

</div></div>

Thanks for the response Rath. What I am hoping to hear is what trouble people may have had with recently made products for a few brands. I.E., do they break or develop problems.

I could not agree more about time at the range. I built two rifle and off I went to OR to learn to use them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually you fail @ understanding the meaning of the word tone. As a starting point google "tone of writing"....you're welcome
smile.gif

Rath

</div></div>

Thanks for the response Rath. What I am hoping to hear is what trouble people may have had with recently made products for a few brands. I.E., do they break or develop problems.

I could not agree more about time at the range. <span style="color: #FF0000">I built two rifle </span>and off I went to OR to learn to use them. </div></div>
So are those the ones Mark Larue built for you or was that a lie?