• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March scopes

Calfed

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
Anyone have any experience with March scopes? Recently got one that appears to be NIB for a decent price. It is the 3-24x42 FFP_

whxy1FA.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t see any images. FML1? It has a finicky parallax and tight eye box. I have one on my AI and absolutely love it. Probably has the best feeling turrets of any scope I’ve had. I’m probably upgrading to the 5-40 when I see one pop up

Yes, FM1

Other guys have complained about not being able to see some of my posted images also. Not sure why.

How about this one...

Pics definitely work for me. Although I don't have or own any March scopes, I've heard the one with the 42 mm objective doesn't have the best eye relief or eye box. Frank has a video on YouTube where he mentioned the one with the 52 mm objective has a better eye box. Overall though, I don't think either is a bad choice when we look at them on paper and consider all the features.

Thanks, guys, I got it recently at an estate auction and it looks like it was never mounted. I contacted March Optics and they advised, based on the serial number, it had been originally sold on 12/07/2017. That seems to confirm that it may never have been mounted.

I have that exact scope and I really like it,I don’t find the eye box a problem it just requires good head position at higher magnification,I think you will be happy,mine is on a LR hunting rifle.

Been using one successfully for years on a lighter weight DMR.

If yours was built in 2017 you don't have to worry about the mil value.

I have a MAR1054 (5-40x56mm) on a 6.5x47 Lapua. One of my favorite scopes. The glass is excellent and the 1/8 MOA adjustments are firm. The turrets are very easy to reset in the field and setting the zero stop is ridiculously simple compared to other scopes that I own. I tracks faithfully.
I have discussed changing the reticle, to MIL, with the manufacturer and they said no problem. They do not have a wide range of reticles, but the scope is excellent. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reactions: fx77
Own many, use all of them, saving up to buy another.

Take any comments that begin with "I've heard ....." as Internet fart bubbles and you will be more than happy with the product. Take the time to set the scope up properly on your rifle and learn to smile a lot.

Ive used mine for PRS matches (seveal thousand rounds of 7wsm and 6x47) as well as currently on my air rifle. excellent scopes. the 10 yd parallax is great for indoor shooting.

Good luck
DT

Attachments

• VERT W CHUCK.JPG
    VERT W CHUCK.JPG
    785.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 7wsm ok 2015.jpg
    7wsm ok 2015.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 57
Thanks, guys. I had trouble finding anyone who had used them until now. Really feel better about the purchase and appreciate all the first -hand feedback.

I have a 3-24x52 model. It is on a lighter weight hunting rifle in .280AI. I love it. Great glass, light weight, compact, great turrets, low profile turrets. I have not had a lot of time behind it yet, but it will be going on an antelope hunt with me in a few weeks as my backup rifle.

Reactions: Calfed
I have the same March scope in MOA and it’s really the best high quality option for dialing long range if light weight is important. Other scopes that are comparable are generally 10+ oz heavier. It’s probably not as rugged as my atacr 5-25x56 but it’s a pound lighter. The eye box is a little tricky at times but not a big problem.

March is one of only two optic manufacturers, whose products have never let me down , the other one
is Hensoldt . I really like how their focus system virtually eliminates parallax error . Some folks interpret
this as being finicky , but then some folks struggle to drive cars with a manual transmission too ...

I have 2 March scopes and have been very happy with them, As some here have pointed out there have been questions about the eye box and the parallax. When i purchased the first one i admit i was a little worried about what i had read about the eye box and when it arrived and i first looked though it i was not that impressed with it, However once i had it on my rifle and set it up for me it has been perfect with no problems with the eye box or the parallax. The parallax i have found is very easy to use.

I have a 3-24x52 model. It is on a lighter weight hunting rifle in .280AI. I love it. Great glass, light weight, compact, great turrets, low profile turrets. I have not had a lot of time behind it yet, but it will be going on an antelope hunt with me in a few weeks as my backup rifle.

^^^
I will echo the above I have a SFP 2.5-25x42 on a lightweight 7mm Rem Mag sheep rifle for at east 7 years, it has been on many trips up and down the mountain for both sheep and elk and never skipped a beat. To this day I am still impressed by the glass when I get behind it. Every year before hunting season I dial it for the 1370 yard target on my range and bang....... ping.

I think am going to look out for one of the 2.5-25x42 SFP for hunting. I like the look of the MTR2 reticle. Hit me up if any one has one for sale.

I appreciate all the first hand experience being detailed here.

Thanks again.