• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Mark 12 Mod 1

nickh46

Scumbag LT
Minuteman
May 23, 2009
in the back, not saying shit
I'm a lurker so here's my first post, and contribution to the gallery!

Centurion Arms Mark 12 Mod 1
KAC BUIS
Nightforce 2.5-10x32 NP-R2 w/ MOA adjustments and zero-stop
Harris Bipod
Rock River Arms lower
Geissele SSA trigger
M-16A1 stock
A2 style grip

Re: Mark 12 Mod 1

That is a really nice rifle. If you don't mind me asking, how long did you wait on the upper from Centurion Arms? Currently waiting on one myself.

Awesome. I see a lot of spec Mk12's popping up.

I really liked the idea and instead did my interpretation on the Mk12. Part of me wishes it was spec, but the other part loves everything different about it. Mainly I stuck with the same barrel, and suppressor, and everything else is a variation of the parts in the Mk12. I'm dying to get my can...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/salmonaxe/SPR_CLE_ST10_L.jpg

What made you decide to make it as spec as possible?

chawk: I waited almost 9 months for Monty.

It was a blessing in disguise, in that it gave me time for research, buy a lower receiver, a trigger, a nice A1 stock, the scope and rings, etc etc. It was an ongoing project that lasted about a year.

Nightowl: It shoots very well. After zero-ing in a hundred yds, I put three rounds in a circle smaller the size of a dime. I use mostly Silver State Armory 77gr stuff, I also have the real-deal Black Hills stuff but use it very sparsely.

I even experimented and tried out the 55gr and 62gr stuff. Even though it's not optimized for it, it still shoots them pretty darn well. When I'm out with friends who don't know much about shooting or have a lot of experience, I just let them fire 62gr stuff.

Salmonaxe: Why I wanted to make it spec? I guess I just wanted to be mainstream. I actually like the fixed A1 stock cause that little sling mount on the bottom, I can use to support my non-trigger hand. And I just wanted an AR with a fixed stock this time.

I'm partial to the A2 grip, that's what I use on my LWRC M6. Since this picture, I added in an A1 grip to the Mark 12, and couldn't be happier. Was never a fan of the Magpul grips.

Some stuff isn't spec, for example it's the newest NF -32 (I was looking at a -24 but an irresistable deal popped up here at SH and I jumped at it), plus it's not a Mil dot. It's an NP-R2. I got that reticle cause it was easy to use and it was MOA/MOA. I did opted for the NXS Ultralite hi-rings, Monty recommended them for me and a Larue SPR mount was just too expensive for me.

If I had one regret about this project, it was getting a Rock River Arms lower reciever cause it was the cheapest one. I would have been better going for LMT, or Daniel Defense, or Nodak Spud (for a real A1-type lower reciever). But I put in a good trigger and a heavy buffer, so I should be okay.

How does it feel having a AR capable of bolt action accuracy? Ive had mine for years and its still shooting 1/2 moa. Monty makes a fracking fabulous rifle.

ReconRanger,

It feels pretty satisfied, that I got a very accurate rifle that's very good at it's intended purpose, plus put together by a true Subject Matter Expert.

Unfortunately, that also means I'm done buying ARs. The Mark 12 plus my LWRC M6 was a lot of $!

My first post here.

Thought I'd post a few pics of my own budget SPR semi-clone build. It's also a work in progress, as I'm waiting for a few small parts to arrive to finish up. A2 stock and Leupold MKIV scope are now mounted, but not installed in these pics..

PB Pics

PB Pics

The whole deal only set me back $1100 by buying parts at a good price on various gun forums and AR15.com classifieds, only the upper parts were bought 'new' from retailers (Midway and DPMS). I'm nowhere near a rifle pro but it does group consistently 1 MOA at 300 yards using box stock Prvi 69 gr match ammo from a bench using a bipod and rear rest.

Not match grade gun but more than adequate for my needs. Here's the build up info as a reference:

KD lower receiver (hey, I'm in CA and the 'name' brands are banned)
Rock River National match 2-stage trigger and LPK
Yankee Hill flat top A3 receiver
Blackened DPMS stainless 18" M12 barrel with a 5.56 chamber and a 1-8 twist
YHM Diamond freefloat quad rail
YHM phantom muzzle brake
DPMS bolt carrier
Harris bipod

Going to tag this thread to see what other people are doing with SPR builds.