• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark 4 LR/T 6.5-20x50mm M1 vs VIPER PST 6-24X50

CohenJ87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2012
Minnesota
So I was pretty set on the Mark 4 with the TMR and M1 turrets after shooting through a buddies on his MA-10. I have always had my eye on Vortex scopes and now that I have the cash for either one I am torn. I know the M1 turrets don't match the reticle but I feel that it would really be a none issue for me at all since I know how to range with Mils and the MOA clicks seems more natural to me. I absolutely loved the clarity of my buddies Mark 4 but have never had a chance to look through one of the Vipers, how do they compare on clarity? I love the fact that the Leupy is made in the USA too. As for the Vortex I don't know how long it would take me to get used to the whole mil/mil thing. I have never used a FFP scope so I don't know how I will like that but I think it would be very nice for ranging. I love the fact that the Vortex also has an illuminated reticle and it comes with a sun shade and has a zero stop. My ceiling on price is $1100 without the mount, I can get both of these for under that from a friend so please don't say get a NF or something like that please and thank you. So guys that have used both what do you like/dislike about each, would you buy again, how does the clarity/low light transmission compare between the two. Thanks for all your help in advance, this forum has been super helpful so far!

Re: Mark 4 LR/T 6.5-20x50mm M1 vs VIPER PST 6-24X50

How crisp is the immulanted reticle when it's on? Do you know at about how many yards you can see your hits with the vortex vs the mark 4 on paper targets? Sorry if I am being a pain but this will without a doubt be the most I have ever spent on glass and I wanna get my ducks in a row!

Re: Mark 4 LR/T 6.5-20x50mm M1 vs VIPER PST 6-24X50

I can't shoot steel at my range and I was just trying to get a reference on the clarity between the two.